Safest way to send funds to buy a motorcycle and have shipped to me?

7 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

27k miles, heavily modded, and 7k before shipping. Not my bike.

I want something mostly stock. Upgraded or stock exhaust is fine, but I think a V11 LeMans or V11 Sport, aesthetically, can hardly be improved upon. I love the looks of these machines just as they are.

I agree.... keep the bike original

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, p6x said:

Its a dealership, and with a bit of negotiation, you may knock off a couple of hundreds, and negotiate free shipping to your place.

For a dealership, throwing the shipping is peanuts. They have deals with transport companies because they use them all the time. My Le Mans was shipped for free using "groupage" to even further lower the costs. It took two weeks before they shipped it, they were waiting for the transport company to have several bikes to deliver.

Ask them to shoot a video of the bike with the engine running;

It would cost me at least $4k to undo the "improvements" on that machine. That's not what I'm looking for. I want a clean, mostly stock machine. 

12 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

It would cost me at least $4k to undo the "improvements" on that machine. That's not what I'm looking for. I want a clean, mostly stock machine. 

Ok, how about the Mighty Scura? Totally sorted. Ride it anywhere. I'm getting older by the day..:oldgit: PM if interested.

• Confused 3
8 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Ok, how about the Mighty Scura? Totally sorted. Ride it anywhere. I'm getting older by the day..:oldgit: PM if interested.

Cali is a looooong way from NH...but PM sent.

I've ridden Chuck's bike, and it is a fine example of a Scura with some go-fast mods that you would not want to undo. If that's available, it would be worth the trip.

And be careful shopping, because not every V11 is a spine-frame. The nice custom on the prior page did not start life as a V11 Sport or LeMans, it probably was a cruiser when new. Moto Guzzi used the V11 engine in a lot of different motorcycles.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Scud said:

I've ridden Chuck's bike, and it is a fine example of a Scura with some go-fast mods that you would not want to undo. If that's available, it would be worth the trip.

And be careful shopping, because not every V11 is a spine-frame. The nice custom on the prior page did not start life as a V11 Sport or LeMans, it probably was a cruiser when new. Moto Guzzi used the V11 engine in a lot of different motorcycles.

Yes, well, that machine would never be under consideration. No cruisers/chopped machines for me.

9 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Yes, well, that machine would never be under consideration. No cruisers/chopped machines for me.

A true SpineRaider at heart!  :nerd:  :luigi:  :race:  :drink:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Only a V11 Sport/LeMans will do...I want one bad.

Have you checked this site? https://www.smartcycleguide.com/moto_guzzi-v11_le_mans-motorcycles-for-sale

I don't know what to think about "smartcycleguide". When I looked for mine, all the bikes shown were marked "listing more than 60 days old". Just like now. But maybe worth verifying?

8 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Apparently not bad enough. :rasta: 38K miles are too much? On a Guzzi? :D

Yes. I know what I want. That's not the bike for me. Thanks, but no thanks.

4 minutes ago, p6x said:

Have you checked this site? https://www.smartcycleguide.com/moto_guzzi-v11_le_mans-motorcycles-for-sale

I don't know what to think about "smartcycleguide". When I looked for mine, all the bikes shown were marked "listing more than 60 days old". Just like now. But maybe worth verifying?

Yes I have, but everyone I try contacting never responds.

Good thing to know what you want :rasta: Kleinanzeigen.de will disturb you more, but it's worth the time. Shipping time isn't that bad. Happy hunting. 

Cheers Tom 

Condition > Owner > Miles

At least that's how I see it. But collectors and riders see things differently. I've only bought bikes to ride, not to preserve.

Happy hunting. But gosh - what about the Rosso Mandello, which you have commented on? That look to be a good candidate?