Safest way to send funds to buy a motorcycle and have shipped to me?

3 minutes ago, Scud said:

Condition > Owner > Miles

At least that's how I see it. But collectors and riders see things differently. I've only bought bikes to ride, not to preserve.

Happy hunting. But gosh - what about the Rosso Mandello, which you have commented on? That look to be a good candidate?

It is magnificent...but out of my budget of 6k. Ticks all of my boxes, but I always budget an additional $1k post sale for a stockpile of OEM/NOS parts and service I know will be needed, or close to being needed.

Unless the tires are brand new, I always change them, strait away. I also change all fluids and any leaking seals, that way, I'm starting fresh.

Love that machine, though. It is sex.

4 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

It is magnificent...but out of my budget of 6k. Ticks all of my boxes, but I always budget an additional $1k post sale for a stockpile of OEM/NOS parts and service I know will be needed, or close to being needed.

Unless the tires are brand new, I always change them, strait away. I also change all fluids and any leaking seals, that way, I'm starting fresh.

Love that machine, though. It is sex.

Take another read on that ad. New tires, all fluids changed, spare parts and manual are all included. And you have yourself one of the rarest and most desirable models, which is likely to maintain value or appreciate.

I have no connection to seller... aside from this forum. 

(But I can confidently say that Chuck's Scura is faster)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Scud said:

Take another read on that ad. New tires, all fluids changed, spare parts and manual are all included. And you have yourself one of the rarest and most desirable models, which is likely to maintain value or appreciate.

I have no connection to seller... aside from this forum. 

(But I can confidently say that Chuck's Scura is faster)

You are correct. I'm used to reading ads where the machine has been sitting for years. I've read around a dozen Guzzi V11 ads in the last month.

It is sweet, but still beyond my budget. I'd love to own that machine, but the numbers have to work for both sides.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Good thing to know what you want :rasta: Kleinanzeigen.de will disturb you more, but it's worth the time. Shipping time isn't that bad. Happy hunting. 

Cheers Tom 

Only found a Moto Guzzi Le Mans 3 on this site.

4 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Yes I have, but everyone I try contacting never responds.

Try the link below; this is a UK based site that lists V11 from all Europe. There are 42 V11 Le Mans for sale.

I know there are US based companies that offer a turn key deal for vehicle imports. They take care of all the import formalities and transportation.

I maybe wrong, however, reading the norms anti-pollution, cities such as Paris will prohibit motorcycles from 2004 to run between 8 am and 8 pm during all week, e.g. Monday till Friday starting July 2022. Not only the city, but a large zone around it too.

Other large cities in Europe are adopting the same measures.

I anticipate that many European based owners will be happy to be able to sell their motorcycles to US residents.

https://www.theparking-motorcycle.co.uk/used-motorcycles/moto-guzzi-v11.html

• Like 1

It’s 31 V11 for sale on Kleinanzeigen.de

Cheers Tom

8 hours ago, Tomchri said:

It’s 31 V11 for sale on Kleinanzeigen.de

Cheers Tom

Ha! my German is rusty.... I used the search tool, possibly not well.