Moto Guzzi V100

biesel

Actually was expecting better for the launch of a new century, new engine platform... something more celebratory with the splash & buzz created of a halo model.

This looks boring as batshit - so the Breva launch commentary makes sense.

I’m guessing the engine will have bore/stroke dimensions more akin to the Bellagio - with higher revs capability.

• Like 2

I have just found this from 2011:
https://www.rideapart.com/news/257347/miguel-galluzzi-on-the-new-moto-guzzi/

miguel-galluzzi-on-the-new-moto-guzzi.jp

"We are also working on a new engine that will be lighter and smaller. The new Guzzi product range is going to be simpler. We are going to have the small displacement (750cc) as we always have, we are going to have something in the middle that is going to be 1,200 or 1,300 and we are going to have the big block. From these three lines of engines, we are going to work to develop new models. The middle is going to be a big middle. Guzzi is about big torque engines, there is not going to be a small displacement, nothing like that."

What happened? It took 10 (!) years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, biesel said:

I have just found this from 2011:
https://www.rideapart.com/news/257347/miguel-galluzzi-on-the-new-moto-guzzi/

miguel-galluzzi-on-the-new-moto-guzzi.jp

"We are also working on a new engine that will be lighter and smaller. The new Guzzi product range is going to be simpler. We are going to have the small displacement (750cc) as we always have, we are going to have something in the middle that is going to be 1,200 or 1,300 and we are going to have the big block. From these three lines of engines, we are going to work to develop new models. The middle is going to be a big middle. Guzzi is about big torque engines, there is not going to be a small displacement, nothing like that."

What happened? It took 10 (!) years.

What happened is the world changed and business realised it had to change with it.

It's not 2011 any more, any more than its 1981, no matter how much some old men with their heads in the sand want it to be!

• Like 1

There are at least three current threads with common content, maybe four. Frankly, merging is a disaster. Anyone interested will just have to follow them all.

Anyone posting should decide which thread to focus their efforts on and try not to post and reply in all of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, docc said:

There are at least three current threads with common content, maybe four. Frankly, merging is a disaster. Anyone interested will just have to follow them all.

Anyone posting should decide which thread to focus their efforts on and try not to post and reply in all of them.

I checked before posting mine, but I did not check the 24/7 V11 thread. I assumed since this was a new model, it had to go to New Models.

I only became aware that it was a duplicate too late.

• Like 1

There appears to be a lot of excitement about this, of course, so the various posts will just run their courses. Yes, it is about "Newer Models" , but also about the "Centenary", and seemingly applicable to other threads as well.

Have at it, y'all. Classically unmoderatable content.  Like everyone pulling up to the riverside and letting their dogs loose to run and romp and splash. Best to just stand back and don't get muddy!

• Like 3

I'm just patiently waiting fot a new LeMans or at least a Griso replacement. 

I mean the V85s are cool and all but when you've been riding V11 Spineys for years a V85 can still seem a little meh. And the  1400 is cruiser and more of a freight train. 

This motor reborn into another kind of Tonti style or spine frame would be just pretty. Or both. Guzzi should get this done with and make a reborn retro s1000 twin shock deal and then a sporty modern single swingarm deal. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

I'm just patiently waiting fot a new LeMans or at least a Griso replacement. 

I mean the V85s are cool and all but when you've been riding V11 Spineys for years a V85 can still seem a little meh. And the  1400 is cruiser and more of a freight train. 

This motor reborn into another kind of Tonti style or spine frame would be just pretty. Or both. Guzzi should get this done with and make a reborn retro s1000 twin shock deal and then a sporty modern single swingarm deal. 

I sent pix of the new bike to The Kid, and he said, unless they come up with an updated LM1 I'm not interested.

I get it, I'm an antiquer, too, but I can't see a modern manufacturer even giving it a thought.

If they built a modern Falcone, though.. :huh2::D

• Like 1

That's what we need Chuck. Bring-back the bacon-slicer flywheel with a big single. hahahahaaaaa

I have been ruminating about an ice-blue LM1 custom treatment on a V11. I have a large pile of parts begging to roll again.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Scud said:

That's what we need Chuck. Bring-back the bacon-slicer flywheel with a big single. hahahahaaaaa

I have been ruminating about an ice-blue LM1 custom treatment on a V11. I have a large pile of parts begging to roll again.

That's pretty much what Ducati use on their current MotoGP bike. An external large dia flywheel with adjustable/tuneable weights. There was a good view of it operating in the last GP when the fairing side panel flew off one of the Ducati's. Whats old is new again. I keep waiting for wire spoke wheels to return to MotoGP, some advantages there.

Ciao