Moto Guzzi V100

biesel

At first glance one might be dismissive

ā€¦ except for recalling an interesting conversation I had with a well known Guzzi guru in Australia more than 18 months ago about the future LeMans model where he wryly quipped, ā€œYou might be surprisedā€¦ you might find it may be electric.ā€Ā 

šŸ˜³
Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

At first glance one might be dismissive

In my case, even at second and third glances....

If you say Moto Guzzi anywhere in Europe, in the proper entourage of course, the people will automatically think about the notorious engine architecture that Guzzi is well known for.

What is going to distinguish an electric Guzzi from the other electric motorcycles? chances are, the electric motor, battery, control systems are going to be outsourced. Or at least, this is how I picture it in my head.

What are going to be the discriminating parameters used to make our choices? engine power? number of cylinders, cylinder disposition, sound? well no more, right?

Autonomy, recharge time... I am guessing the looks will probably not be as important as it used to be.

The question I am asking myself is, will motorcycles continue to seduce aficionados like us when everything is electric?

Once the technology is reliable, I expect that only autonomous cars will be available for purchase. You will no longer be able to operate a car unless it is a vintage one.

I think we need to make the most of what we have today, as it may not last very long. I was in Paris at the beginning of the month, and the municipality is making driving or parking cars or motorcycles an ordeal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, p6x said:

What is going to distinguish an electric Guzzi from the other electric motorcycles?

1. Style. Guzzi manages to make good looking bikes.

2. Handling. Up there with the best.

3. Brand allegiance.Ā 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

1. Style. Guzzi manages to make good looking bikes.

2. Handling. Up there with the best.

3. Brand allegiance.Ā 

To be fully sincere, I will not purchase an electric motorcycle; not even a good looking Guzzi.

I will keep on my current herd, and possibly adding one more Guzzi, to be determined which one, but possibly not one of those equipped with the new V100 engine.

In one of the magazine I received, there is a comparative of what we called "mid-size trail bikes". The Moto Guzzi V85TT came on top. Since I really like the "evocative" graphics, it may be this one.

• Like 1

Yep, me too in saying NO to an electric motorcycle.....

About the only electric vehicle I'm going to buy will be one of those mobility jobbies when I can't walk or get about!

Not interested in any others.

CheersĀ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I really don't have a problem with the idea of an electric motorcycle. I was able to have a short drive of a Tesla some years ago. The experience confirmed what I had read about the characteristics of an electric motor, i.e. the go from zero without any hesitation. Fantastic. That in a motorcycle would be heaps of fun. As far as the sound goes, I can live without loud exhausts. In fact I'm hoping the "electro revolution" proceeds fast enough that I will get to experience city traffic that isn't loud.Ā  :huh2:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I need a motorcycle and there is an electric one that fits the bill, I would certainly consider it. If my experience with electric cars is anything to go by it could be serious fun. There is a basic attraction to motorcycles with internal combustion engines. But electric motors do have their advantages. They tend to be fast and very responsive without all the noise.

• Like 1