Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water cooled, 120 HP (26th of August 2021)

p6x

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

No Pete rail away, I'm stuck at home, nowhere to go or I'll get arrested:)

Ciao 

So you guys are all locked up and the feds are spending your kids future on a cold as well???  :angry:

Shit......... the worlds gone mad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twin AH said:

So you guys are all locked up and the feds are spending your kids future on a cold as well???  :angry:

Shit......... the worlds gone mad.

It's for my own good, I've led a bad life. The universe is punishing me. Could be worse, I could have lived in London in 1940. 

Ciao 

• Like 4

On 8/28/2021 at 12:46 AM, footgoose said:

Please don't misunderstand, alternatives are fine with me. I know it's coming. I don't deny progress or inevitability. Doesn't mean I have to like it, endorse it, welcome it, want it, or wish it. "bring on the E bikes?" ok, so the E bikes are here and I'll watch them fail, fail, and fail in sales... until governments prop them up, younger people buy them, and people like me are gone.

“Progress” in the sense of big, soulless corporations using the contrived “climate” excuse falls flat on the people who critically think and have a healthy knowledge of history.

ICE will always be available to the monied class imo. While the rank and file will struggle with maintaining ever diminishing quality of life.

Idiots can’t even keep the power on during a bad rain storm (Texas)…. Now imagine your electric car, plugged into the matrix as it wer e..taxed by the mile, rendered inoperative for any infraction by some bureaucracy. Tracked and monitored (for the children)

yeah… anyone see the movie “The Last Race”? It’s worth watching to see how this has been foretold decades ago…

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mikko said:

“Progress” in the sense of big, soulless corporations using the contrived “climate” excuse falls flat on the people who critically think and have a healthy knowledge of history.

ICE will always be available to the monied class imo. While the rank and file will struggle with maintaining ever diminishing quality of life.

Idiots can’t even keep the power on during a bad rain storm (Texas)…. Now imagine your electric car, plugged into the matrix as it wer e..taxed by the mile, rendered inoperative for any infraction by some bureaucracy. Tracked and monitored (for the children)

yeah… anyone see the movie “The Last Race”? It’s worth watching to see how this has been foretold decades ago…

One better, the 90s film Freejack, where a dictator rolls around in a '30s Hispano-Suiza (?) in the very distant future, while no one else has personal mobility at all. Gassers will always exist in private hands.

I didn’t intend to post a anti-progress manifesto. It just tweaks me to see the blatant hypocrisy. Electric vehicles were tried and abandoned 100+ years ago. The same problems that caused its failure then are the same problems today. 

Henry Ford developed car bodies using hemp and also engines that ran on it. Totally renewable energy source and the bodies were rust proof and durable. See how that turned out….

The ecological damage batteries cause not only in the extraction of the rare earth minerals, but also in the fact that they are not readily recyclable makes me think it isn’t for “saving the earth” The same issue that plagues wind turbines. Read up on the graveyards of those monstrosity’s.

Diesel engines are highly efficient (I can personally attest to that) clean burning and can also run on renewable energy (as that was the reason they were invented)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mikko said:

Henry Ford developed car bodies using hemp and also engines that ran on it. Totally renewable energy source and the bodies were rust proof and durable. See how that turned out….

I think Cheech and Chong made one of those too.

• Haha 2

If you thought "Adventure" bikes were not the next thing, according to Moto.it, the Pan America was the most purchased model in the USA (May to August this year); right in front of the R1250GS from BMW...

A logical explanation why the next Guzzi will compete in that category.

Since the concept was created by what? 500XT? the Adventure type has been doing pretty well.

I like what they're suggesting for specs but that jelly mold bodywork is horrid,....Hopefully it's closer to a Norge as it had decent modern lines....

3 minutes ago, mznyc said:

I like what they're suggesting for specs but that jelly mold bodywork is horrid,....Hopefully it's closer to a Norge as it had decent modern lines....

"Hopefully" the jelly mold :thumbsup: bodywork is just a ruse and they are going to stun us with something distinctly Italian, even if it is polarizing. Who could love the era of auto styling likened to a month-old bar of soap? :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here are the article published on Moto.it this morning;

Pictures and a commented video (in Italian).

I will come back later to add some of the details;

Here's the link: https://www.moto.it/news/nuova-moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-le-foto-definitive.html

Here's the Instagram video:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTozUowpnC4/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

In Brief what the guy says in German:

Front cowl and side fairing are adjustable

Cylinder heads facing backwards

Liquid cooled

110/120 HP

Distribution by chain

Not sure what he means by "tutto nuovo"... then he goes on with commenting the final transmission "bellissimo" You can see it is a single arm.

Semi Active Suspension from Ohlins (on this version)

Brembo brakes / nice rims

The exhaust is aesthetically in its final livery, but the internal not complete as yet.

The dashboard shown is not frozen either.

The journalist says that he is not sure in which segment should that bike be classified.

Looks a bit like an Adventure with some Super Moto parts?

This really should have been a LeMans… not a warmed over 85t imo… Somebody needs to get fired at the Eagle and bring someone in that can harness the legacy and create real Guzzi’s….. I’m super underwhelmed

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Mikko said:

This really should have been a LeMans… not a warmed over 85t imo… Somebody needs to get fired at the Eagle and bring someone in that can harness the legacy and create real Guzzi’s….. I’m super underwhelmed

You mean at Piaggio?

I bet the Moto Guzzi steering is happening at Pantedera, not Mandello del Lario....

I agree with you about the Le Mans; somehow, I am pretty sure they have a Le Mans in the pipe using that engine.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, p6x said:

You mean at Piaggio?

I bet the Moto Guzzi steering is happening at Pantedera, not Mandello del Lario....

I agree with you about the Le Mans; somehow, I am pretty sure they have a Le Mans in the pipe using that engine.

Yes, hope springs eternal. I am sure they will build another worthy successor to carry the LeMans name. It can be Guzzi's flagship halo bike.

This machine, though? It's not lighting my fire. I'm sure it's great, but it seems a bit too much of a bland styling exercise and has none of the verve that Guzzi bikes are known for when you look at them. You could throw "HONDA" on the tank, and call it the CX100, and I wouldn't know the difference.

Don't give Honda any ideas!

EDIT: Okay, it looks a LOT better in motion on film. It looks damn high quality, but the style is a bit interchangeable with so many other bikes (aside from the engine, of course). I have high hopes for the new Guzzis!

• Like 3