Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water cooled, 120 HP (26th of August 2021)

p6x

Riddle me this one, Batman: if a 1225cc race bike is not believed to make 122 HP, how is this Euro5 bike supposed to make that much?

On 8/27/2021 at 7:35 PM, pete roper said:

From here on in we're at the mercy of the manufacturers.

...who are at the mercy of benevolent governments.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Riddle me this one, Batman: if a 1225cc race bike is not believed to make 122 HP, how is this Euro5 bike supposed to make that much?

Water cooling allows for more compression, ignition advance..plus electronic engine management is highly sophisticated nowadays.  With knowing that the engine is thermally stable via water cooling.. they can tune the ever livin crap out of it.

2 hours ago, Mikko said:

image.jpeg

If this has already been posted I didn’t know… but I had to figure out why it looked so familiar… 

you at least give them "credit" for a modern design... I see this as a reminder. Monocoque body very close.

2002 BMW R1100S - Moto.ZombDrive.COM

• Like 1

I notice they haven't provided any full side on shots on the drive side. It looks like we are back to the old Pogo style shaft drive and "reaction" system is gone as Pete Roper pointed out in a previous post. I'm always suspicious when a particular image perspective is missing. 

Ciao  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mikko said:

The heart may still be there, I question the soul of Guzzi!! Gimmie ma long low and lean leeeemens dammit

You know, I am just grateful Guzzi built the V11 LeMans. I guess I'm a knuckle-dragging cave dwelling ape, but I think every car and motorcycle I will ever own has already been built.

I just can't get worked up with anticipation over TFT screens, ABS, TC, quick shifters, heated grips, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.

I'm glad I got a V11 so I can experience and preserve the classic air-cooled Guzzi V Twin experience for myself moving forward into the impending dystopian, anti-DIY hell...

EFI? 6 speed gearbox? Digital ignition system? Analog gauges? No tubes in my tires? 

That's as new as I will tolerate. I can hardly accept water-cooled engines.

I am a dinosaur. 

Rawr.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mikko said:

…who are at the mercy of the people who pull the strings of those puppets.

Government is human power over other humans. It takes on a life of its own. It is a cancer and grows until something or someone stops it. I have experienced both.

It has traces of the angry chicken 'tard look, which makes me want a naked bike. But, people are lining up to buy 'tards. Motards, that is. Give 'em time and money. They'll at least come up with  a sporty look.

22 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I notice they haven't provided any full side on shots on the drive side. It looks like we are back to the old Pogo style shaft drive and "reaction" system is gone as Pete Roper pointed out in a previous post. I'm always suspicious when a particular image perspective is missing. 

Ciao  

I think the single sided swingarm is purely eye candy and its a bit a sideways step backwards IMO. The shock placement is not meant for that sporty a ride either…

I'll eat crow, it's pretty nice, not over the moon but pretty nice.  If they'd come out with it 5 years ago, I might not have purchased my Ducati.  I suppose I'm glad they didn't because I love my Duc.  I'd still like to ride this one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Government is human power over other humans. It takes on a life of its own. It is a cancer and grows until something or someone stops it. I have experienced both.

That’s why I live in America… my home turf went to hell in a hand basket. Looks I made it just in time to see this country do the same.

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

My little 937cc Ducati makes 113HP.   Funny how a water pump has given bikes more horsepower than all those turbos from the early '80s.