Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water cooled, 120 HP (26th of August 2021)

p6x

So why even have the brace if its purpose is not really air control?

Resonance, the heat shield over the header would vibrate like a metal blade Venetian blind against an open window in a hurricane and the brace mass dampens it.

The twist in the blade is an after thought and detracts from its real reason.

How's that for conjecture?

On another site there is a claim that the tank mounted air brakes are actually hand warmers.

(Wow, and here is me thinking that was cylinder heads were for at stops.)

So open the flaps and stick both hands in like pop up toasters whilst riding?

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2021 at 1:09 PM, Chris Wilson said:

P.S. my guess with all of this is that in testing the bike the riders detected a heat waft coming from repositioned pipes, the accountants said no to double walling, the stylists said make it a feature and the engineers said provide something to obviate the predicted complaints - it doesn't have to work it merely has to be an attempt.

I think you might have nailed the reasoning down here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chris Wilson said:

Mechanical support for the heat shield not the pipe.

It would serve better use as a mitred brace if the shield is only clipped to the header in two points.

(Sure I mentioned that before, then again maybe I didn't.)

This makes no engineering sense at all. If the heat shield needs extra support to stop resonate vibration you just weld a  small 10mm x 8mm round threaded button to the header pipe and an extra 6mm button head cap screw in a dimple mount pressed into the shield similar to the image. The only difference is the unit in the image apart from the material used is it's an add on and relies on SS clamps around the pipe to hold the fixing nuts. A production version would use what I have suggested or formed sheet metal tabs welded to the header with captive nuts. You wouldn't be using something like the new Guzzi uses to control heat shield vibration or heat shield support.  

Ciao

201095-19_1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Moto Guzzi has released another V100 teaser on their official YouTube channel.

Nothing that we have not already seen; still no timetable on a future commercialization.

I am really wondering if this bike is even going to be available in 2023.

Historically, it has been common for Moto Guzzi to take three years from "introduction"  to "availability."

So, 2021 + 3 = 2024. :glare:

It rather seems there are (maybe only) two very nice pre-production models to use for promotional videos and photo shoots. :pic:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, docc said:

Historically, it has been common for Moto Guzzi to take three years from "introduction"  to "availability."

So, 2021 + 3 = 2024. :glare:

It rather seems there are (maybe only) two very nice pre-production models to use for promotional videos and photo shoots. :pic:

I remember the Ippo back in the day. They even had brochures at the dealers.. 

• Like 1

In attempting to get the V100 production team all on one page, they found out that 39% of the team's members asked "There's a page?"

• Haha 2

I thought V-100  is 115 HP..And nobody talks about how much it weighs? I havnt' been able to find that Spec anywhere?

6 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

I thought V-100  is 115 HP..And nobody talks about how much it weighs? I havnt' been able to find that Spec anywhere?

my guess is about 525lb ready to ride with no bags or luggage. 

115 hp is the new 120.  B)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LowRyter said:

my guess is about 525lb ready to ride with no bags or luggage. 

115 hp is the new 120.  B)

Rather like calling a 1064cc an 1100?

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...