Jump to content
IGNORED

GuzziDiag version for Mac OS X: 0.50? or 0.47?


p6x
 Share

Recommended Posts

Prior to purchasing the ECU Interface for the V11, I attempted to install GuzziDiag;

The current version is said to be vr 0.50. it matches for Windows, but does not for Mac OS X which is shown as 0.47. Is 0.47 the latest version for MacOS?

in the changelog, 0.50 was released (for windows) in 2020, while 0.47 was released in 2015.

The developer states the program runs on "High Sierra" 10.13 which was released by Apple in September 2017. I am running Catalina, 10.15 released October 2019. Catalina is still based on MacOS X, not MacOS XI.

GuzziDiag_V0.47

I nevertheless installed the program on my MacBoo Pro.

When I attempt to launch the program from the application folder, I get that error message:

GuzziDiag_V0.47 cannot be opened

Question 1:

I have read the disclaimer the developer does not support MacOS, this application is mainly destined to Windows machines. Anybody here running successfully GuzziDiag on a Mac?

Question 2:

Does anybody know if other program(s) exist(s) that could run on MacOS and still drive the FTDi FT232RL chip?

I checked "TuneEcu" and the program is now only running on Android.

There is nothing specific to the V11, but the developer may not have been accurate enough. Anyone running TuneECU?

TuneECU bike list

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe the problem is that the Mac version of GuzziDiag is 32bit.  Catalina is the first version of OSX to cut 32bit support and only run 64bit programs.  

I've got an old MacBook Pro running High Sierra that I keep around to run older programs with.  I've been successfully running GuzziDiag on that for a few years with no problems.  However, I've never been able to get GuzziDiag to run on my newer USB-C style MacBook Pro.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, k99 said:

I believe the problem is that the Mac version of GuzziDiag is 32bit.  Catalina is the first version of OSX to cut 32bit support and only run 64bit programs.  

I've got an old MacBook Pro running High Sierra that I keep around to run older programs with.  I've been successfully running GuzziDiag on that for a few years with no problems.  However, I've never been able to get GuzziDiag to run on my newer USB-C style MacBook Pro.

This is the issue with software. It always needs sustaining because operating systems and supports keep evolving.

I think I will get a cheap windows laptop just to install the MS version which seems to be the one the developer of GuzziDiag maintains. on Ebay there are some listings below the $100, with a bit of patience...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At one SpineRaid one of the fellows was running guzzidiag on a hand held device (not sure which or what those are called). It was a nice set-up being so portable and not needing a desk or table nearby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, docc said:

At one SpineRaid one of the fellows was running guzzidiag on a hand held device (not sure which or what those are called). It was a nice set-up being so portable and not needing a desk or table nearby.

There is that guy who had a good idea; he designed TuneEcu to run on Android for about every bike available in the market, including some oldies. TuneEcu works with the same interface used for GuzziDiag; only the V11 is not specifically listed. I am trying to get in touch with the developer to see if he could had it.

Then a simple Android tablet would do the trick.

I have requested to join the TuneECU group on Facebook, to find out more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you very much Toby....

To "ping" me, you have to use the @sign, and then @TobyBott my name when it appears. Then I get notified that someone has answered the topic.

This is very good news, because my attempts to make contact with the TuneECU people yielded nothing.

Nobody answered the question on the Forum supposedly managed by the software developer; and on their FB page, I received a lot of compliments about the Le Mans, but not a single confirmation that TuneECU could be used with it.

....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TobyBott

It worked as you described it, if excepted that on my first attempt to run the application, MacOS refused and displayed a message the application could not be verified for malware because downloaded from outside of the store. The only two options shown to me were: move to trash or close...

I closed, and attempted to reopen and then it worked.

I am taking this as an attempt from Apple to prevent me from infecting my computer, sort of a warning.

The program settings only offer V11 Le Mans 2002; I suppose it works for the Le Mans 2004? IAW 15M PF3C?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, p6x said:

@TobyBott

It worked as you described it, if excepted that on my first attempt to run the application, MacOS refused and displayed a message the application could not be verified for malware because downloaded from outside of the store. The only two options shown to me were: move to trash or close...

I closed, and attempted to reopen and then it worked.

I am taking this as an attempt from Apple to prevent me from infecting my computer, sort of a warning.

The program settings only offer V11 Le Mans 2002; I suppose it works for the Le Mans 2004? IAW 15M PF3C?

@p6x, I believe you can select any year Le Mans or any 2004 V11 available (Ballabio, Café Sport, Coppa Italia. etc.).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, docc said:

@p6x, I believe you can select any year Le Mans or any 2004 V11 available (Ballabio, Café Sport, Coppa Italia. etc.).

 

The drop down list is as below; basically two choices 15RC or 15M.

V11 Ballabio CAT:       IAW 15RC PF3C

V11 Café:                    IAW 15RC PF3C

V11 CAT:                     IAW 15RC PF3C

V11 Le Mans 02:        IAW 15M PF3C

V11 Le Mans Tenni:    IAW 15M PF3C

V11 Sport:                  IAW 15M PF3C

V11 Sport Naked:      IAW 15M PF3C

V11 Rosso Corsa:      IAW 15M PF3C

V11 Rosso Mandello: IAW 15M PF3C

V11 Sport Scura:        IAW 15M PF3C

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AFAIK, you could use any of those, but the "CAT."  Certainly, you could select "Rosso Corsa" and  be successful.

guzzidiag cannot detect that the graphics are missing from your tank . . . :sun:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, docc said:

AFAIK, you could use any of those, but the "CAT."  Certainly, you could select "Rosso Corsa" and  be successful.

guzzidiag cannot detect that the graphics are missing from your tank . . . :sun:

Oh? I was thrilled that when I started the application, it called me by my name....

As for detecting, I am unfortunately trained to have software doing the handshaking....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My teasing quip aside, other than the "CAT"/ RC version, I believe the Rosso Corsa (NOT Rosso Mandello) motor, mapping, sensors and tuning parameters are identical to your Le Mans.  Actually, this is also so for the Ballabio and Café that are listed if I am not mistaken. Same driveline/engine management, different "trim levels."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 7:28 PM, p6x said:

Then a simple Android tablet would do the trick.

 

It's way above my pay grade and I don't know how they do it, but I have read discussions on WG, that some guys have been able to run guzzidiag on tablets.

fwiw idk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

It's way above my pay grade and I don't know how they do it, but I have read discussions on WG, that some guys have been able to run guzzidiag on tablets.

fwiw idk?

TuneECU was initially written to work on PC; the developer ported the code to work on Android.

If you can get the source code from the GuzziDiag developer, porting it to work on another operating system is easy, providing you are proficient.

But remember that you still need to interface the software with the hardware; e.g. you need to a "go between", so you need a port of some sorts.

TuneECU runs on Android, and uses the same Lonelec https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-3pin-Interface-Cable

than the GuzziDiag.

However, I have not been able to establish contact with the person behind TuneECU, and I am not certain he would be interested to code the various V11 iterations into it.

I think GuzziDiag has the merit of having been around and tested by many on this forum.

I have purchased the interface which is about $50 with shipping to the USA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...