Experience/opinions on Continental Chrome bar end mirrors?

VtwinStorm

IMO the best bar-end mirrors for the V11 are the classic Napoleons. The are available in black or chrome. I have a black set on my Scura.

Some bar-end mirrors can be a bit of a PITA to mount, because the V11 bar-ends are threaded, and most mirrors are made for standard (non-threaded) bar ends. I had to cut down the rubber compression grommets to get the Napoleons in there.

• Thanks 1

Had very similar style on LM 1000, pretty good if you like chrome, quite large

I've now got a CRG Arrow on each of the bikes in black.

They are quite small but the image is wide enough for me to see behind me and to the right (we drive on the left)

Easy to flip up out the way if filtering

Only one mirror installed on each bike on the RHS, works great for me, but it's a taste thing as well as functional piece of kit

• Thanks 1

I had the Napoleon type on mine when I first got the bike, never quite liked them though.

It looked like it was bodged into fitting as per Scud's experience.

I replaced it with a Rizoma ( cheaper copy ) type and reckon it looks great!

Not quite as effective as some ( most ) but I'm happy with it eh.

Cheers Guzzler

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, guzzler said:

I had the Napoleon type on mine when I first got the bike, never quite liked them though.

It looked like it was bodged into fitting as per Scud's experience.

I replaced it with a Rizoma ( cheaper copy ) type and reckon it looks great!

Not quite as effective as some ( most ) but I'm happy with it eh.

Cheers Guzzler

So are the Rizoma mirrors threaded so they just drop in the V11 clipons, Guzzler?

G'day mate

No not threaded.

They have an end cap with an arm,the mirror clamps on this end and is inserted into the bar,

Then when you tighten the allen key the arm expands inside the handle bar and tightens everything up.

I'd take a photo but as usual with these digital cameras every time you want to use them the bloody battery is flat..

Hope this description explains?

Cheers Guzzler

Ps being a cheaper Rizoma copy I did have to resort to a little bodgery, not much mind.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, guzzler said:

G'day mate

No not threaded.

They have an end cap with an arm,the mirror clamps on this end and is inserted into the bar,

Then when you tighten the allen key the arm expands inside the handle bar and tightens everything up.

I'd take a photo but as usual with these digital cameras every time you want to use them the bloody battery is flat..

Hope this description explains?

Cheers Guzzler

Ps being a cheaper Rizoma copy I did have to resort to a little bodgery, not much mind.

No worries. I am able to visualize it, Guzzler. Thank you again, friend!

I want to go with chrome bar end mirrors, something like the Napoleons in style.

I'm not really into the foldaway round ones.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:53 PM, VtwinStorm said:

No worries. I am able to visualize it, Guzzler. Thank you again, friend!

I want to go with chrome bar end mirrors, something like the Napoleons in style.

I'm not really into the foldaway round ones.

I'm still looking for threaded ones, but I may just have to make due with non-threaded wedge style mirrors (like the Napoleons). I'd prefer not to make modifications, but it may just come to that.

If anyone knows where I can land a new set of chrome ones that fit the stock V11 clip-ons, please let me know. Also, are the V11 clip-ons 7/8" or 1" so I can adjust my search?

Thank you all again.

Outside diameter of the RedFrame clip-on measures 0.950" , that makes an inch for the outside diameter (not inside, where the wedge-mount fits). This is assuming you are looking to mount "bar-end" mirrors.

Rizoma makes some very fine mirrors that screw into the existing stalk mounts.

• Like 1