Are there any V11 (other MGs) female owners registered to this forum?

4 hours ago, 2Stroke-Racing said:

she owned a 1100 California Jackal but liked to goof around with my Quota.

She tried the V11 too but never found the confidence in city without having big handlebars.

large.19112011066.jpg

But she is not here with us...

When I was in my Moto Club, in my teen days, we never had a single lady interested in our ventures.

Unlike Buckle Bunnies, there were no Iron Horses Bunnies.  I guess our questionable mechanic smell, combined with our greasy sludgy hands with black finger nails were not really appealing. 

Later on, there were a few ladies that would accept a short pillion trip, but it was always something they would do to please us; not by choice. 

I reviewed the list of participants of the Motorcycle tour of Texas, and as far as I can tell, males with their ladies piggy back.

We always were a dying breed. Right from the beginning. I think we are going to end like the Tasmanian Tiger; extinction.

Edited by p6x
  • 1 month later...

The lady in the background, from the local Guzzi club, standing behind the V85 owns the red V50 (the Alpinestars jacket is a bit of a giveaway)

The Enfield Himalaya parked between her V50 and my black Griso belongs to her sister. They are lovely people and probably unique in the Guzzi & wider motorcycling world

Docc, I’d be grateful if you can invert this photo. I’ve tried and failed miserably - thanks 

7CE67AA3-EEDC-4053-B2E5-EDFED0976D3F.jpeg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

The lady in the background, from the local Guzzi club, standing behind the V85 owns the red V50 (the Alpinestars jacket is a bit of a giveaway)

The Enfield Himalaya parked between her V50 and my black Griso belongs to her sister. They are lovely people and probably unique in the Guzzi & wider motorcycling world

The giveaway jacket masks the V50.... sacrilege! :D

Just curious, everyone else seemed to have kept their jacket on, what gives?

34 minutes ago, p6x said:

The giveaway jacket masks the V50.... sacrilege! :D

Just curious, everyone else seemed to have kept their jacket on, what gives?

It was an evening meeting last summer, and starting to get a little cool, I guess by then some folks were needing another layer

Here’s a better view of the V50

9C9BFF2D-C3F6-43D8-B1E6-875083CEC540.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, footgoose said:

The V50 is slowly becoming an interesting bike to me these days. :oldgit: As I get more feeble. Do they rev high (for a twin) like a V11?

+1 on the v50. There was one on BaT a while back and I was really tempted, but was brought back to earth by "financial responsibility"...😏

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, footgoose said:

The V50 is slowly becoming an interesting bike to me these days. :oldgit: As I get more feeble. Do they rev high (for a twin) like a V11?

Higher. :grin: The little Monza The Kid took over will just sing. I would say it is the sweetest running Guzzi engine I've ever operated. Maybe the best handling Guzzi, too. There is something very special about that bike that doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you look at the sum of it's parts, but it is definitely there. :huh2:

To get the same engine without the 10 years long search for a Monza, (!)  look for a Mark III.

FWIW, when I asked The Kid if he wanted me to save the Mighty Scura for him, he said, "No, but don't sell the Monza."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Chuck said:

Higher. :grin: The little Monza The Kid took over will just sing. I would say it is the sweetest running Guzzi engine I've ever operated. Maybe the best handling Guzzi, too. There is something very special about that bike that doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you look at the sum of it's parts, but it is definitely there. :huh2:

To get the same engine without the 10 years long search for a Monza, (!)  look for a Mark III.

FWIW, when I asked The Kid if he wanted me to save the Mighty Scura for him, he said, "No, but don't sell the Monza."

Back in 1981~82 I had a girlfriend who rode a blue Monza. At that time I rode Honda’s hi tech answer to a Guzzi - the CX500 (aka the plastic maggot). Liquid cooled, 4 valve heads which were turned through 22 deg to move the carbs away from your knees. I recall Hondas publicity at the time claiming it was the first liquid cooled V twin ! But it lacked the purity & charisma of the V50. However good unmolested CX500’s are rare these days….

• Like 1
21 hours ago, footgoose said:

yep. It rides similar to a v11, without the mad grunt obviously, but still shifts Very Nicely.
Very light, very low slung, just lovely really

• Like 2