Are there any V11 (other MGs) female owners registered to this forum?

The lady has style and is lovely, then and now. I wish I knew some people  like her. Sometimes I feel that I am trapped in a small petty society of wage slaves who worry too much about themselves and others, and their friggin’ relationships with others, known and unknown! She’s the type of heroic human with the spirit that I look up to. So grand!

Man, I need to get the you-know-what out of here and hit the road!

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Kane said:

Very cool. What is it that draws French women to motorcycles and the freedom of the road with the spirit of adventure?

I noticed it too.

I spent time in about every country in Europe, around the 80's, and a lot of French ladies, even now were on two wheels.

Maybe because it makes you feel good about yourself? wipes out any worry? makes you forget about the dull day? brings a smile to your face? sets you free? keeps you free?

• Like 2
On 9/3/2021 at 8:59 AM, p6x said:

I would be interested to know why she picked Guzzi? it is kind of an obscure brand outside of those who are really interested. Not that anybody can be affiliated with anything, matter of personal choice obviously. But if you say candidly you ride an Italian motorcycle, people will think Ducati.

But was she a motorcycle enthusiast before, or did that happen with you?

There were a few track racer ladies. Including a Spanish that used to do Moto2 María Herrera, and here in the USA I only know of Elena Myers;

She started riding through me. I was racing motorcycles when we met, but I actually did not ride on the street (too dangerous). I raced Ducati's, then a Yamaha TZ250. We did a couple two up rides on a bike we borrowed from a friend. Then Buell came out with the Blast, she read about it in RoadRacing World magazine. She decided she wanted one, no pressure at all from me on that, I still did not own a streetbike. So we bought her a Blast, and I ended up buying a Buell X1. She rode the Blast for around a year, then decided she wanted a second bike that was faster. A friend owned a Guzzi Daytona, so she knew about Guzzi's. And the V11 Sport at the time came in the awesome green with the red frame, she really liked that. She was also interested in Triumph, the Speed Triple. So we did a test ride of those two, there was a dealer not too far away that sold both Guzzi and Triumph. In back to back riding, she liked the Guzzi better. So we bought her a V11 Sport, sadly we couldn't get the greenie, by that time there weren't any still available. But we found her a nice silver red frame V11 at a dealership a few hundred miles away. We rode down there two up and rode both bikes back. We took the scenic route back, up skyline drive.

In the years since then, I bought the Daytona from my friend, as well as the first Griso sold in Maryland. We also picked up a V65 Lario, and sold the two Buells. I do wish I still had the X1, that was a great motorcycle when it ran.

• Like 4

@GuzziMoto

Nice...

I only rode on TR3's, never on a race track though... my friends raced, and I was the mascot, so I was warming up the bikes...

I never met any lady interested in riding behind or alongside back then, let alone a Guzzi...

1 hour ago, p6x said:

@GuzziMoto

Nice...

I only rode on TR3's, never on a race track though... my friends raced, and I was the mascot, so I was warming up the bikes...

I never met any lady interested in riding behind or alongside back then, let alone a Guzzi...

I am lucky. For a couple years racing the TZ250 my wife was the mechanic. She would jet the bike (TZ250s need proper jetting to avoid seizing), and do whatever we needed done at the track. We tried to have everything good to go, and rarely did anything to extreme to the bike at the track. The worst thing we did was change the internal gearing in the trans once. That was pretty hard. But usually it was read the spark plug, change the jets, and make sure the tires were properly aired up.

Later in life, after we started riding the Buells, she would do BattleTrax (which was basically autocross for bikes). She did that on the Blast at first, and then steeped up to doing it on her V11. She probably took it more serious than I did. She didn't like to loose. Sadly, they stopped doing BattleTrax when Buell was shuttered. She did highside her V11 once going for a faster time. And we always said, slow guys lowside, fast guys highside. She was a little proud of that.

• Like 4

I found this little gem! unfortunately in french, so not accessible to everybody. Still, some scenes don't require translation.

For those of you who were not around during those years, 1968, here's a very truthful piece about a girl riding a 450 Honda, and the early days of motorcycle fraternity in France.

Her name is Arlette.

Note the way dealership's mechanics interacted with their customers back then. The guy explains how the stroboscopic lamp is used to adjust the ignition.

She also explains how being in a motorcycle group works, being a girl with her own motorcycle.

The café were they meet is right in front the Alesia Church in Paris, 14th borough.

They talk about the "Elephants" rally, that takes place in Winter in Germany. Back then, participating was like being in a special hall of fame for motorcyclist.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, p6x said:

I found this little gem! unfortunately in french, so not accessible to everybody. Still, some scenes don't require translation.

For those of you who were not around during those years, 1968, here's a very truthful piece about a girl riding a 450 Honda, and the early days of motorcycle fraternity in France.

Her name is Arlette.

Note the way dealership's mechanics interacted with their customers back then. The guy explains how the stroboscopic lamp is used to adjust the ignition.

She also explains how being in a motorcycle group works, being a girl with her own motorcycle.

The café were they meet is right in front the Alesia Church in Paris, 14th borough.

They talk about the "Elephants" rally, that takes place in Winter in Germany. Back then, participating was like being in a special hall of fame for motorcyclist.

I was born too late to meet such a majestic woman.

Le Sigh.

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...