"Ask the man who (rides) one..."

VtwinStorm

15 minutes ago, Scud said:

I sent you a PM re spring.

Search the forum for details on the brace.

For the frame center support plate for the RedFrame Sport, @LowRyter says, contact Don . . .

https://www.motivcycleworks.com/

Best picture I've seen of one mounted. Might also be the easiest way to install one:

item_21457.jpg

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Kane said:

The gearbox is great. I was told that Guzzi had a formula race car designer come up with the design…..anyone know about this?

Pete says the gearbox looks like Aprillia..

• Thanks 1

I forgot to tell you...

I purchased mine from a dealership in Pensacola FL. I always told them I was going to bring the bike to H'town riding it.

This is how much trust I put on a Guzzi right off the bat..

I went to Pensacola as promised, and made it as far as Alabama realizing the Odometer did not work. The Speedometer did. I returned to Pensacola and flew back to Hou.

When I picked the bike, I had not been riding bikes for decades. I would say close to 30.

The Guzzi felt like I had just parked it the day before.

• Like 1

All of the above is true, as it comes from rider/owners. Guzzis are an acquired taste. Growing up around radial aircraft engines, certain parallels may be seen. They are, by definition, the road less traveled - and for many of us that is precisely what we seek. Being shafties, they prefer to corner on the gas, or at least neutral throttle. The shaft itself is very well controlled and your rear wheel will be dusty rather than greasy - a more than fair exchange. The suspension runs from very good to excellent. Cruising at 4K or just above, the engine is notably smooth and you make excellent time, provided that where you are going allows (or overlooks) such velocity. You don't always want penne arrabbiata - but when you do , nothing else will satisfy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just a reminder, the front zerk fitting on the drive shaft is tricky to get at. But don't ignore it.

get a Roper plate right away if it doesn't have one yet.

im 5'10" had 2" bar risers and it fit me perfect. Sadly I traded it for a Miata in a weak moment. But I got the better deal, later sold the Miata for a bigger profit that should have been illegal. then got a Buell, torq monster and it had a similar character to the Guzzi.

I'm  waiting for the perfect V11 at the perfect price to get back on someday.

notice the chrome, None! Oh wait the rim around the tack and speedo was chrome I think. Oh, I added those beautiful chrome mufflers to shine it up just right.

IMG_0106-600x448.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

All of the above is true, as it comes from rider/owners. Guzzis are an acquired taste. Growing up around radial aircraft engines, certain parallels may be seen. They are, by definition, the road less traveled - and for many of us that is precisely what we seek. Being shafties, they prefer to corner on the gas, or at least neutral throttle. The shaft itself is very well controlled and your rear wheel will be dusty rather than greasy - a more than fair exchange. The suspension runs from very good to excellent. Cruising at 4K or just above, the engine is notably smooth and you make excellent time, provided that where you are going allows (or overlooks) such velocity. You don't always want penne arrabbiata - but when you do , nothing else will satisfy.

I do enjoy my pasta burners.

1 hour ago, fotoguzzi said:

Just a reminder, the front zerk fitting on the drive shaft is tricky to get at. But don't ignore it.

get a Roper plate right away if it doesn't have one yet.

im 5'10" had 2" bar risers and it fit me perfect. Sadly I traded it for a Miata in a weak moment. But I got the better deal, later sold the Miata for a bigger profit that should have been illegal. then got a Buell, torq monster and it had a similar character to the Guzzi.

I'm  waiting for the perfect V11 at the perfect price to get back on someday.

notice the chrome, None! Oh wait the rim around the tack and speedo was chrome I think. Oh, I added those beautiful chrome mufflers to shine it up just right.

IMG_0106-600x448.jpg

The time is now, friend. V11s are never going to get cheaper.

Never tried a 1200 Daytona, I did own a few Hinckley Triumphs a few years ago before getting submerged in the world of Guzzi’s. The polar opposite of the V11 was a Speed Triple 1050S with a full Arrow system. It was a fantastic hooligan bike, felt like a genuine street fighter, but it encouraged very fast riding, I felt like I had to be pushing the envelope all the time, and eventually I sold it around 3 years ago before I lost my license :(

Where the Speed Triple was short & flickable, the V11 feels long and stable. The weight bias is towards the rear being a shaftie. The brakes are excellent and even the non ohlins machines handle well. However if you are used to a multi cylinder bike the V twin could feel raw & unrefined. Close the throttle and the engine braking is immense. I find that part of the attraction of the Guzzi.

Whilst it’s been said a thousand times before, the V11 is a motorcycle of character and rider involvement. They have been hand made in Mandello del Lario in relatively small nos. Where I ride Truimph Speed Triples, Beemer GS’s, Gixers, R1’s etc etc are everywhere. A V11 is a rarity. Heck every Guzzi with the exception maybe of V7’s are a rarity around here
It’s a motorcycle with soul, the sensation of the transverse vibration. It’s unique, but not for everyone 

EE46F300-2F40-447D-93FA-E7BE8D627137.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

Never tried a 1200 Daytona, I did own a few Hinckley Triumphs a few years ago before getting submerged in the world of Guzzi’s. The polar opposite of the V11 was a Speed Triple 1050S with a full Arrow system. It was a fantastic hooligan bike, felt like a genuine street fighter, but it encouraged very fast riding, I felt like I had to be pushing the envelope all the time, and eventually I sold it around 3 years ago before I lost my license :(

Where the Speed Triple was short & flickable, the V11 feels long and stable. The weight bias is towards the rear being a shaftie. The brakes are excellent and even the non ohlins machines handle well. However if you are used to a multi cylinder bike the V twin could feel raw & unrefined. Close the throttle and the engine braking is immense. I find that part of the attraction of the Guzzi.

Whilst it’s been said a thousand times before, the V11 is a motorcycle of character and rider involvement. They have been hand made in Mandello del Lario in relatively small nos. Where I ride Truimph Speed Triples, Beemer GS’s, Gixers, R1’s etc etc are everywhere. A V11 is a rarity. Heck every Guzzi with the exception maybe of V7’s are a rarity around here
It’s a motorcycle with soul, the sensation of the transverse vibration. It’s unique, but not for everyone 

EE46F300-2F40-447D-93FA-E7BE8D627137.jpeg

Damn...what a collection, Guzzimax!

Hi Kane & VTwinStorm, 

No longer have the Speed Trip 1050, sold it a couple of years ago, loved the bike, didn’t mind it’s bug eyed headlights, but I found it too easy to ride like a hooligan, and decided it would be a license looser sooner or later. I’d bought the Speed Trip when it was just a year old from a guy who’d just picked up a speeding ban :(

I think my current favourite is the Griso 8V. Difficult to pick a favourite V11, I don’t feel any stronger attachment to any one particular V11, I genuinely enjoy riding the 1999 Greenie/Silver red frames as much as the Rosso Corsa. 
I don’t currently have any Triumphs, following many years of riding Hinckley Triumphs. I'm going to try a 1200 Scrambler to see how I find the big parallel twin. Did have a Hinckley Bonneville 865 a few years ago but couldn’t really gel with that bike, it just felt a bit too characterless, dare I say it even a little bland. I’ve yet to try the new 1200 Triumph Twins

These are my 3 V11 Sports, and the MT01 tucked away behind them 

F15F8898-1332-444B-A425-F1816F70E361.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Hi Kane & VTwinStorm, 

No longer have the Speed Trip 1050, sold it a couple of years ago, loved the bike, didn’t mind it’s bug eyed headlights, but I found it too easy to ride like a hooligan, and decided it would be a license looser sooner or later. I’d bought the Speed Trip when it was just a year old from a guy who’d just picked up a speeding ban :(

I think my current favourite is the Griso 8V. Difficult to pick a favourite V11, I don’t feel any stronger attachment to any one particular V11, I genuinely enjoy riding the 1999 Greenie/Silver red frames as much as the Rosso Corsa. 
I don’t currently have any Triumphs, following many years of riding Hinckley Triumphs. I'm going to try a 1200 Scrambler to see how I find the big parallel twin. Did have a Hinckley Bonneville 865 a few years ago but couldn’t really gel with that bike, it just felt a bit too characterless, dare I say it even a little bland. I’ve yet to try the new 1200 Triumph Twins

These are my 3 V11 Sports, and the MT01 tucked away behind them 

F15F8898-1332-444B-A425-F1816F70E361.jpeg

Three of a kind! Impeccable taste, my man.

I think next year I will sell my 696 and find a minty LeMans. We'll see how much love my '01 V11 Sport needs first...I already ordered a bevy of seals, gaskets, and other things that tend to go on these bikes, at least as a backup...MGCycle and AF1 in Austin, TX. so far have been great (no shipments received yet), very helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, docc said:

For the frame center support plate for the RedFrame Sport, @LowRyter says, contact Don . . .

https://www.motivcycleworks.com/

Best picture I've seen of one mounted. Might also be the easiest way to install one:

item_21457.jpg

So, um, what in this photo is the frame brace?