Jean-Paul Belmondo passed away today.... unknown to non European, but he helped many to purchase the Kawasaki 900 Z1!!!

Jean-Paul Belmondo and Alain Delon were two (French) actors well known in Europe; peak of their careers 70's and 80's.

I saw the Fear upon the city at the movie theater, and instantly fell in love with the Z1; and I was not the only one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What really makes the video, is the Champs Elysées, Madeleine, Place de la Concorde filming with a Z1.

I don't think I have seen many movies of that era 1975, with a specific motorbike having such an important role. Even if it somewhat reinforced the "bad boy" idea, since it is used by a serial killer.

Funnily, Kawasaki will release an upgraded version of the 900 RS, the 900 RS SE in that color. Not sure if it will make it to the USA. Main differences are the Ohlïns suspension and the Brembo brakes.

2022 Kawasaki 900 RS SE

• Like 3
2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

So many movies with chases through Paris

Speaking of car chases...one of the best in Paris was in Ronin with Robert DeNiro and Jean Reno (another great French actor).

• Like 2
On 9/7/2021 at 8:40 AM, LowRyter said:

So many movies with chases through Paris

True, but exceptional in the 70's, and inclusive of a motorbike, almost unheard off....

I know of one which involved GP racers piloting the bikes in the movie... let me see if I can find a YouTube clip.... again, bikes of the 70's....

I found it;

L'agression by Gérard Pirès 1974...

Here's some scenes of the movie; all the bikes are driven by former French GP racers; I also include an interview (unfortunately in French) of Gerard Pirès.

As a disclaimer, Gerard has a flapper installed in his throat, following a cancer. This is the same device used by Val Kilmer. To be able to speak the device needs to be closed. The voice is also altered. You can hear the flapper closing automatically each time he speaks.