V11 Breather tubes

Jimmyegypt

Can anyone tell me what 2 breather tubes threaded through this guide attached to the sump plate and where they are attached? I dismantled the bike some time ago and recall there being breather tubes held in place by this fitting. I can't seem to find them referenced in any manual I have. It's a 2001 V11 Sport 55066d93fbfa0c288316a46b1986e121.jpge9431ad0abeeaaf31d2ee738c04bafac.jpg4225d36106b5ffeb045f1ce7c218fbc5.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Only 1 from memory. The fuel tank breather and cap recess overflow which are "Y" junctioned together under the tank. I got rid of the thing when I did my V10 Sport build and just tie wrapped the tank breather/overflow hose to the engine breather return line at the bottom of the sump. It's just added weight and hardware you don't need.

Ciao

Here I thought this was only found on the US V11 . . .

That bracket holds the ends of the two 1/2 lines from the fuel tank vapor recovery/ charcoal canister system.  On the early RedFrame Sport (like your silver V11, pictured), there were two charcoal canisters in the tool tray under the seat with twenty feet (yes, 20!) of various hoses in duplicate, most of it 1/2" double-walled fuel line, that terminated at the bracket shown.  The entire mess weighs five pounds.

Upon removing the fastener holding that bracket, I recall an exuberant stream of motor oil streaking out . . . :o

• Like 2

Just noticed another Weegie

Hello @Jimmyegypt I don't have a V11 but got 3 other Guzzi engined bikes

The Sport had one of these brackets too, it wasn't used in Magni's version, sort of wondered what it was for

John

• Like 1

Hi guys and thanks for all your input... That's put my mind at rest... On with the tune up!
Sense of achievement getting the fairing decal on straight today. Tiny steps!
5db547e11ec6fd8552827f2360e827a0.jpg227acf7c1ef07898bdcf657900f8d754.jpg

• Like 2

@Jimmyegypt, I am curious what makes your very original-looking "early" (1999-2001) RedFrame a "2002." That is the territory of the first "LongFrames" (LeMans, Tenni, Scura).

Along with the curious fuel vapor recovery artifact (common to US bikes). To  learn a little more about your V11, look at the build date (Month/Year) on the ally tag on the left of the headstock and the paper tag on the forward right side of the spine frame:

IMG_2806.JPG

In some places the model year might be declared by the titling authority based upon the year of the initial sale or importation. Otherwise, the manufacturer declares the model year on the certificate of origin. Of course, it goes even further awry as manufacturers start building a model tear in August or September of the previous year.

I'm not sure when the last of the RedFrames were built. Sometime in 2001, probably. Maybe none after that nebulous August/September changeover date?

Good things to know about your Sport! The foil tag on the left side will give you the actual build date so you know if it is early vs late. Perhaps of no consequence unless it is very early. There were some unique features on the earliest Sports.

Sometime when you have your tank off, you can see if the white paper tag specifies UK as the export market. Notice my Sport specifies "USA / N. Zelanda".

Again, I had thought that Rube Goldberg vapor recovery system was a US thing. All the  1/2" fuel line used in mine is stamped "Made in USA" . . .

• 3 weeks later...
Good things to know about your Sport! The foil tag on the left side will give you the actual build date so you know if it is early vs late. Perhaps of no consequence unless it is very early. There were some unique features on the earliest Sports.
Sometime when you have your tank off, you can see if the white paper tag specifies UK as the export market. Notice my Sport specifies "USA / N. Zelanda".
Again, I had thought that Rube Goldberg vapor recovery system was a US thing. All the  1/2" fuel line used in mine is stamped "Made in USA" . . .
A UK bike then. e4b4680c6070a789f2613a332031934c.jpg

• Thanks 1

“CEE?” is Italian for?
Comunità Economica Europea - European Economic Community

Of course.... The eye is drawn to UK in the frame number.

ZGU =Moto Guzzi KR= V11 variant Y =2000 year of manufacture 112219=frame number

• Thanks 1

the first character of any VIN indicates the country of origin . You can Google any website and they will break down the entire VIN for an explanation .

• Like 1