Was a factory center stand ever offered for the V11 Sport?

VtwinStorm

33 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

I used the search function, but came up with nothing but references to side stands.

Thank you,

-VTS

I believe it was a factory option, but I don't think they actually came from the factory with it. More of an accessory. I am not sure they are still for sale. Likely one of the experts will be along to clear things up shortly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GuzziMoto said:

I believe it was a factory option, but I don't think they actually came from the factory with it. More of an accessory. I am not sure they are still for sale. Likely one of the experts will be along to clear things up shortly.

Without a V11 in front of me, I can't see if there is a mounting point beneath the bike. If I could snag a center stand, that would come in handy later for me. No chain adjustments, but still.

There was a "paddock stand" offered. It is pictured in the Workshop Manual (another V11 necessity along with everything you need to perform a "Decent Tune-up").

There was an after market centerstand, IIRC, but it wasn't very popular.

• Thanks 1

Here is a thread covering one aftermarket centerstand. My V11 has one. It is well made, but poorly engineered. The pivot point needs to be about 2" higher with the stand's legs increased about the same amount. As it is, you are lifting the bike too near vertical in the first part of the lift. The rear tire ends up about 1 1/2" from the ground. Therefore, I roll the rear wheel onto a 2X6 laid flat and the stand is much easier to deploy. Takes a little balancing act, but it works. 

• Thanks 1

I just use a typical racer paddock stand, one that picks up the back of the bike by the swing arm. Once it is on that, I can lift the front of the bike up with a small jack under the front of the sump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha

Mate I was just thinking same before I saw your post!!

I can't believe Doc's bike has 200,000 kays on it and looks like that!

Mine has about half that and don't look that clean.

A credit to you Doc

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, guzzler said:

Ha ha

Mate I was just thinking same before I saw your post!!

I can't believe Doc's bike has 200,000 kays on it and looks like that!

Mine has about half that and don't look that clean.

A credit to you Doc

Cheers Guzzler

Docc doesn't mess around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve S said:

This has been amongst my spares for years, is it the last one in existence?

IMG_2588.JPG

There it is! I can't recall who made them and I seem to remember only one V11 even having one mounted. 

(Thanks for the kind comments on my>old<Sport. In fairness, that image was from before the 100,000/161k kays mark as I see the speedo angle drive from before the Speedhut clocks. Looking to add over 1,000 kays in the next few days. SpineRaid! :race: )

• Like 1

7 hours ago, docc said:

There it is! I can't recall who made them and I seem to remember only one V11 even having one mounted. 

(Thanks for the kind comments on my>old<Sport. In fairness, that image was from before the 100,000/161k kays mark as I see the speedo angle drive from before the Speedhut clocks. Looking to add over 1,000 kays in the next few days. SpineRaid! :race: )

Mate

I'm at 90,000 k's ( whisker under ) and that is still a hell of a lot cleaner than mine !

She hasn't had a good clean in ages and this makes me realise it's time to get rid of the winter grime. 

Enjoy the Spine raid !

I've got some cleaning to do....

Cheers Guzzler 

• 6 months later...

I see HarperMoto has the "V11 Service Stand" listed for $363.60US. Not that this means it is available. I'm calling there today to clear up several backorders for last year. I would suggest always calling Harper's before placing an online order.

https://www.harpermoto.com/v11-service-stand-00979717.html

1 hour ago, docc said:

I see HarperMoto has the "V11 Service Stand" listed for $363.60US. Not that this means it is available. I'm calling there today to clear up several backorders for last year. I would suggest always calling Harper's before placing an online order.

https://www.harpermoto.com/v11-service-stand-00979717.html

I use a standard generic rear stand, or the fancy rear stand that came with my Daytona. But I also see an interesting paddock stand from MG Cycle

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=2995

It is a Becker Technik stand that looks to use a pair of 18mm sockets on those two nuts at the bottom of the pork chops.

Says in stock and under $200

• Thanks 1