Injector cleaning

Lucky Phil

6 minutes ago, BillyB said:

Anyone know a place I can send my injectors for cleaning? I'm going to give it a tune up soon and may as well have clean injectors ready to go. I'm in Ohio. Thanks

Any local car efi tuner/maintenance shop should be able to do them. They are a common injector to lots of cars.

Ciao  

1 minute ago, BillyB said:

Ok in that case I know some car guys who would know. Thanks

Aren't they rather hellish to remove from the fuel rail? Unless there is some indication they are actually at fault, why not simply tune it, and run several tanks of quality fuel (like Shell V-Power Nitro+) and maybe even some Techron through it?

You know, maybe even a little of "Tony's Italian Tune-up" . . . :race:

1 hour ago, docc said:

Aren't they rather hellish to remove from the fuel rail? Unless there is some indication they are actually at fault, why not simply tune it, and run several tanks of quality fuel (like Shell V-Power Nitro+) and maybe even some Techron through it?

You know, maybe even a little of "Tony's Italian Tune-up" . . . :race:

Not as physically hard as the sideflow ones which are Bitch. I was assuming he already had it substantially apart. 

Ciao

No I don't have it apart at all yet. I was thinking the injectors wouldn't be hard to remove (they look fairly accessible) but haven't looked closely yet.  If that's a time consuming job, then yeah I'll just run some Techron and good gas through. Thanks

• Like 1