3000rpm hiccup

Lucky Phil

Is it possible to to test the "most hiccups are the result of a lean mixture" theory by advancing the "choke" and riding in the ~3000 RPM zone or is the "choke" on the V11 merely a throttle advance mechanism vs a true mixture enrichener?

2 minutes ago, Bbennett said:

Is it possible to to test the "most hiccups are the result of a lean mixture" theory by advancing the "choke" and riding in the ~3000 RPM zone or is the "choke" on the V11 merely a throttle advance mechanism vs a true mixture enrichener?

It's just a variable throttle stop. No mixture influence.

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Can't wait to hear the result from the first one to try Meinolf's new BIN 103., is  that a new BIN available, or wasn't it all finisged yet ?  He can borrow my Greenie for testing :rasta:   Excuse my lack of computer understanding.   I have Meinolf's bin 93.6 in my Greenie and my Rosso C. RC is running very well, a tiny sneeze now and then, even better in 12 - 17c. She is running a little on the rich side, leaving black marks of unburned fuel on my L plate. She had a PC III when I got her. My Greenie perfect idling,  terrible hic up 2600 - 3200rpm = to much chlutch to smoothen things out in the neigbourhood, but perfect all the way up. Has a more open ex system than my RC. I'm still waiting for Marius a good  tuner to give here a little fuel help in that area.  Is it possible using Guzzi Diag giving her some extra fuel in that area ? Imbesil asking here.     And it makes me wondering how many of the V11 around are still hiccing ?  My Greenie was running good when I got her with a PC III.  

Season soon over up here, BUT did put quite a few km on my V11's so :mg:

Cheers Tom. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed an intake leak between the cylinder & the mating manifold piece soon after purchase at 260 miles - that fixed my bikes sneeze 100%. The leak was the result of a factory assembly error. Also, the bolts securing this piece can be longer utilizing MORE of the available threads in the cylinder head. Could be difficult to find, looked fine.

Bike went into storage at around 3500 miles , then came back out, a seemingly similar but maybe slightly different symptom I'll characterize as a cough occurred, TPS was at 126MV adjusted to 157 cough gone & smooth running engine.

That's my experience fwiw. Great bike, super fun but ergos don't fit me, gonna offer it up soon.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 9:50 AM, Tomchri said:

Can't wait to hear the result from the first one to try Meinolf's new BIN 103., is  that a new BIN available, or wasn't it all finisged yet ?  He can borrow my Greenie for testing :rasta:   Excuse my lack of computer understanding.   I have Meinolf's bin 93.6 in my Greenie and my Rosso C. RC is running very well, a tiny sneeze now and then, even better in 12 - 17c. She is running a little on the rich side, leaving black marks of unburned fuel on my L plate. She had a PC III when I got her. My Greenie perfect idling,  terrible hic up 2600 - 3200rpm = to much chlutch to smoothen things out in the neigbourhood, but perfect all the way up. Has a more open ex system than my RC. I'm still waiting for Marius a good  tuner to give here a little fuel help in that area.  Is it possible using Guzzi Diag giving her some extra fuel in that area ? Imbesil asking here.     And it makes me wondering how many of the V11 around are still hiccing ?  My Greenie was running good when I got her with a PC III.  

Season soon over up here, BUT did put quite a few km on my V11's so :mg:

Cheers Tom. 

With Guzzidiag and Tunerpro you can do everything and you don't even need to be smart. Ask me how I know.

Ciao

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

With Guzzidiag and Tunerpro you can do everything and you don't even need to be smart. Ask me how I know.

Ciao

Phil, slowly on the way having soon a capable guy, ( I call him Epron ) standing behind my neck watching my moves with Guzzidiag. Wish me luck.      Sooner the better I start climbing into that world, it will be safer for my license, enjoying to much the area the motor realy feels happy :rasta:.     Yes I want my V charming and V good looking  V11's to be even better in the 3000 area. Learned a lot here on the HOLY grail when it comes to V11, so had a sommer with zero elektro issues.  This was my 2nd wake up call regarding  this subject, so thank you Phil :thumbsup:.    

Cheers Tom

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have this in spades, it seems the 2 available maps are Meinholf 103 and Titanium.

Am I missing something?

Any thoughts on which to try first  I like to piddle with the ECU as little as possible.

7 hours ago, dbarb3 said:

I have this in spades, it seems the 2 available maps are Meinholf 103 and Titanium.

Am I missing something?

Any thoughts on which to try first  I like to piddle with the ECU as little as possible.

Good starting point (without piddling with the ECU):

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 1:49 PM, docc said:

Those are all valid observations. No doubt, the V11 loves cool, dense, dry air to combust. Water vapor displaces oxygen and is not flammable.

Also, this tendency to cough, or hiccup, in this range is decidedly multicausal. Again, I could list a dozen contributors.

That the cam profiles and valve/port sizes are not conducive to this business of dragging around below 4000 rpm is by design as no one has ever complained that their V11 coughs while ripping from 5000 rpm to redline.

Here again, "You can ask your tango chick to waltz. She'll do it, but it pisses her off." B)

Yes, she is very happy in the 5000 and up range.

• Like 1