Sardines in Olive Oil anyone? La Quiberonnaise (since 1921) made a 100 years special graphic tin that combines Guzzi and Brittany!

14 hours ago, p6x said:

FYI I contacted the Sardinerie "La Quiberonnaise" to see if I could order some;

Quiberon is similar to Galveston. Although it is linked naturally to the continent, not by a causeway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiberon

Please let us know what they say! I’m down for a few tins!What an interesting place. I bet those sardines are darn good.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Kane said:

Please let us know what they say! I’m down for a few tins!What an interesting place. I bet those sardines are darn good.

They have so far not replied to my email; but I am not surprised. This is probably a very small company, and they have a prominent phone number.

I will send another reminder, if failing that, I will phone.

• Thanks 1
On 9/21/2021 at 9:46 AM, Tomchri said:

Bet it was raining,, :rasta: :bier:.

Cheers Tom.

Actually, the weather was nice.... but eating fish in the morning takes some training. I only managed by putting it between two slices of buttered bread...

Also, kissing your girl friend "have a good day" prior to leave for work presents some additional challenges after Sardines. If you have any tips about that, please share them...

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, p6x said:

Actually, the weather was nice.... but eating fish in the morning takes some training. I only managed by putting it between two slices of buttered bread...

Also, kissing your girl friend "have a good day" prior to leave for work presents some additional challenges after Sardines. If you have any tips about that, please share them...

You are a lucky guy, sunshine in Bergen AND a V11.  When I picked up the bike in Bergen,, the gent told me they woud have another festival if they coud pass the old record with 110days of pissing rain. West coast a bit up, no thank you.  Riding in that area involves 42 tunnels, H traffic and rain.  

About the kissing,,,, no kissing in the morning, and we all know olive oil makes things smoth  :rasta:

Cheers Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Tomchri said:

You are a lucky guy, sunshine in Bergen AND a V11.  When I picked up the bike in Bergen,, the gent told me they woud have another festival if they coud pass the old record with 110days of pissing rain. West coast a bit up, no thank you.  Riding in that area involves 42 tunnels, H traffic and rain.  

About the kissing,,,, no kissing in the morning, and we all know olive oil makes things smoth  :rasta:

Cheers Tom

Where I am coming from, we are partial on butter.... but I am not going to go further than that; Marlon Brando demonstrated it in the "Last Tango in Paris"....:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

p6x, No problem! Appreciate your effort! It’s just such a cool tin. I’m curious to try the sardines after reading about the place. The next time I’m in that part of the world I would visit. Love those those things. They’re a super food! I always feel great after I eat sardines.

• Like 1
On 9/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, Kane said:

p6x, No problem! Appreciate your effort! It’s just such a cool tin. I’m curious to try the sardines after reading about the place. The next time I’m in that part of the world I would visit. Love those those things. They’re a super food! I always feel great after I eat sardines.

If you like Sardines, I can recommend Portugal, the Algarve coast where Sardines are like Foie Gras for the French. Besides the food, the Algarve would make your Moto Guzzi happy. Portugal is one of the cheapest European country to visit or to live in.

Somewhat, nobody speaks much about it. We hear about Spain, Italy, UK, Germany, The Netherlands, but Portugal never gets mentioned. I spent time here https://www.hotelquintadolago.com/

Each evenings I was going to the Faro city to get Sardines.

https://wetravelportugal.com/sardines-portugal/

• Like 1

@Kane I went through the motion to order, unfortunately, USA is not among the list.

They don't answer their phone so far.

But I can order to ship in France, and have someone to forward it to me after. I will make a few more attempts on phone.

Before I do that, I need to check if Sardines can be imported in the USA/Texas.

I like Sardines. I keep 20- 30 tins in my rotation of canned/dried foods at all times. Not a "survivalist" thing, just a modest store of sustenance that'll keep me from going shopping when it's inconvenient. And the 'best by' dates are about 3 years. What's not to like... good tasting protein quick and easy, and just the right amount. Usually a lunch for me about 3 times a month. Omega 3's, low on the food chain so no load of mercury like all the big fishies. High in sodium but I don't worry about that. My dad got me started as a kid. He had them as a snack with some beers on the weekend but liked all those sauces in the tin. I didn't much care for those. These days I avoid the skin and bones (tho those add healthy benefits) and just get the cleaned fillets. Still under TWO bucks! All the brands I have are from Morocco.

What do you think makes these cost $7. It probably says but I don't speak French...

• Haha 1

I have this vague memory of feeling rather deathly ill years ago, and a trusted friend (?!? :huh:) brought by sardines in mustard sauce. 

Having been a Naval Submariner, he said this the way to get over anything quickly . . . :o

33 minutes ago, footgoose said:

I like Sardines. I keep 20- 30 tins in my rotation of canned/dried foods at all times. Not a "survivalist" thing, just a modest store of sustenance that'll keep me from going shopping when it's inconvenient. And the 'best by' dates are about 3 years. What's not to like... good tasting protein quick and easy, and just the right amount. Usually a lunch for me about 3 times a month. Omega 3's, low on the food chain so no load of mercury like all the big fishies. High in sodium but I don't worry about that. My dad got me started as a kid. He had them as a snack with some beers on the weekend but liked all those sauces in the tin. I didn't much care for those. These days I avoid the skin and bones (tho those add healthy benefits) and just get the cleaned fillets. Still under TWO bucks! All the brands I have are from Morocco.

What do you think makes these cost $7. It probably says but I don't speak French...

Sardines are great.  So are tins of smoked oysters.  Get a few olives, some cheese and chips.   Chase it with a beer.  Great meal.  Healthy?  I think so.

Oyster tins, chips and beer, you're good for a camping meal for sure.  :food: 

Great when you're alone ... not so good with a partner. :moon:

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Sardines are great.  So are tins of smoked oysters.  Get a few olives, some cheese and chips.   Chase it with a beer.  Great meal.  Healthy?  I think so.

Oyster tins, chips and beer, you're good for a camping meal for sure.  :food: 

Great when you're alone ... not so good with a partner. :moon:

I like my oysters raw.... https://www.tasteatlas.com/plateau-de-fruits-de-mer