Sardines in Olive Oil anyone? La Quiberonnaise (since 1921) made a 100 years special graphic tin that combines Guzzi and Brittany!

P6X- I like raw oysters too.  But they're a little inconvenient for motorcycle camping.

BTW-  I'm not sure why anyone living in Houston would go to France just for the oysters.   Of course, I love Gulf oysters.

9 hours ago, LowRyter said:

P6X- I like raw oysters too.  But they're a little inconvenient for motorcycle camping.

BTW-  I'm not sure why anyone living in Houston would go to France just for the oysters.   Of course, I love Gulf oysters.

I don't camp (anymore).

Seafood restaurants here are different. I like diversity. Most of the people I know in H'town would never eat raw oysters.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:51 PM, Kane said:

Please let us know what they say! I’m down for a few tins!What an interesting place. I bet those sardines are darn good.

So I finally got a reply; but they want to sell 20kg... one tin is 0.115 kg; so that would make a total of 174 tins lol...

I could open up a shop and start selling Sardines.

Tell me how many you would want. One tin is 6.00 EUR TTC; or 3 for 16 EUR. Then I will check what is the best shipping cost we can get.

If you’re truly offering , I’ll take 15 tins, we could have a Houston Sardine Spine raid!  I’ll stop and get a few fresh baguettes, some butter and rope in a few other local Guzzi riders…could do a ride and hand off the loot….

Let me know when you require payment…thanks!

Merci en avance!

• Like 2
On 9/21/2021 at 7:13 PM, docc said:

1929-30 Sport 14 (the second series of Moto Guzzi Sport)

Or it is a C2V(1924) or 2VT (1931)

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_Guzzi_C2V_Toer-serie

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_Guzzi_C2V_Toer-serie#/media/Bestand:Moto_Guzzi_2VT_500_cc_1931.jpg

2VT 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, LowRyter said:

go to Galveston  

I (used) to go to Galveston more often than not.

None of the restaurants I went to left any lasting memory. I think I have tried all those at Pier 21, including Willie G's.

Those along the littoral are more the "Beach" types.

12 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

If you’re truly offering , I’ll take 15 tins, we could have a Houston Sardine Spine raid!  I’ll stop and get a few fresh baguettes, some butter and rope in a few other local Guzzi riders…could do a ride and hand off the loot….

Let me know when you require payment…thanks!

Merci en avance!

Do want the three graphic designs, or exclusively the one with the Moto Guzzi?https://www.laquiberonnaise.fr/sardines-millesimees/235-sardines-a-l-huile-d-olive-sans-arete-millesimees.html

I think that when you order the 3 lot, you get the 3 different designs. Which can work to our advantage. We can keep the Guzzi looking ones and eat the others.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, p6x said:

I (used) to go to Galveston more often than not.

None of the restaurants I went to left any lasting memory. I think I have tried all those at Pier 21, including Willie G's.

Those along the littoral are more the "Beach" types.

You don't "literally" have to go to Galveston for raw oysters.   However, there are some great fresh seafood joints there, lots of shotgun shacks, with Cajun, fried, bbq'd, TexMex, broiled, raw, etc. 

Hey, if you want upscale go to Giado's.

6 hours ago, LowRyter said:

You don't "literally" have to go to Galveston for raw oysters.   However, there are some great fresh seafood joints there, lots of shotgun shacks, with Cajun, fried, bbq'd, TexMex, broiled, raw, etc. 

Hey, if you want upscale go to Giado's.

You are recommending based on pre-covid19, aren't you?

It is a different world nowadays. I see a lot of Sysco trucks around and about.

• Sad 1
On 9/28/2021 at 5:00 PM, p6x said:

So I finally got a reply; but they want to sell 20kg... one tin is 0.115 kg; so that would make a total of 174 tins lol...

I could open up a shop and start selling Sardines.

Tell me how many you would want. One tin is 6.00 EUR TTC; or 3 for 16 EUR. Then I will check what is the best shipping cost we can get.

Wow, that’s amazing they got back to you!

Thank you very much for pursuing this. Man, 174 tins is a lot of sardines. I guess they don’t do much shipping like this. Who the hell is going to buy 174 tins of sardines?! 
Well, if these fish fly, I’ll happily go 4 sets of 3. I bet they taste great, and I’ll get around to eating them, probably keep a Guzzi tin for fun and give  the other Guzzi tins away. If it doesn’t fly, no problemo, it’s been fun and interesting!

8 hours ago, Kane said:

Wow, that’s amazing they got back to you!

Thank you very much for pursuing this. Man, 174 tins is a lot of sardines. I guess they don’t do much shipping like this. Who the hell is going to buy 174 tins of sardines?! 
Well, if these fish fly, I’ll happily go 4 sets of 3. I bet they taste great, and I’ll get around to eating them, probably keep a Guzzi tin for fun and give  the other Guzzi tins away. If it doesn’t fly, no problemo, it’s been fun and interesting!

Unfortunately, after that initial response three days ago, she has not answered my "how do we make it happen?"

Not really surprised. They have a website setup to do online sales, however you cannot use their system if you have an address in the USA. The list of countries is locked. They are not geared up to sale outside of Europe. Probably one transaction is not worth their while?

I am going to check if I can use a "relay".

• Thanks 1