Exhaust flanges

orangem2

I bought a set of the Mistral header pipes for my 2004 V11 sport... Also bought a set of the MGcycle CNC exhaust flanges... They fit over the headers. Studs have correct spacing but they don't fit over the weld beads at the top of the headers

They are the 48mm flanges and they have a pic of them installed on a v11

Anyone else seen this issue?

29 minutes ago, orangem2 said:

I bought a set of the Mistral header pipes for my 2004 V11 sport... Also bought a set of the MGcycle CNC exhaust flanges... They fit over the headers. Studs have correct spacing but they don't fit over the weld beads at the top of the headers

They are the 48mm flanges and they have a pic of them installed on a v11

Anyone else seen this issue?

You might need to "fettle" them or the header weld a little. It's the difference between "fitting" and "mechanicing"

Ciao 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

You might need to "fettle" them or the header weld a little. It's the difference between "fitting" and "mechanicing"

Ciao 

Makes me wonder if they are so close as to put the flanges in the oven at a couple hundred degrees Fahrenheit and spray the header weld with some "Freeze Spray", a little smear of grease inside the flange, wiggle&smack = and "Bob's yer Uncle" . . .  .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, docc said:

Makes me wonder if they are so close as to put the flanges in the oven at a couple hundred degrees Fahrenheit and spray the header weld with some "Freeze Spray", a little smear of grease inside the flange, wiggle&smack = and "Bob's yer Uncle" . . .  .

Yea maybe. The OP should measure the ID and OD and see what the interference is. If it's 2mm or something that's a compatibility issue but .2mm is just production tolerances. 

Ciao

• Like 1

If the stock flanges don't work either, then the weld is just a little sloppy. Find the high spots and grind 'em off. The stainless weld will polish up like chrome if it bothers you.

(surely those are stainless?)

Nice pipes and flanges btw.

• Like 1