Engine Lag below 3000 rpm

brenwin

After valve adjustment , replacing plugs I asked for the throttle bodies to be rebalanced . From the odd engine lag from time to time it’s a constant at low rpms after the rebalancing . Any suggestions on how to remedy would be greatly appreciated .

46 minutes ago, brenwin said:

After valve adjustment , replacing plugs I asked for the throttle bodies to be rebalanced . From the odd engine lag from time to time it’s a constant at low rpms after the rebalancing . Any suggestions on how to remedy would be greatly appreciated .

Was the TPS set?

Ciao

• Like 2

I hate these threads.  My bike was running perfectly.  Yesterday I took it out and was giving me a low RPM cough when I would take off.  Almost dropped it a couple of times. 

I'll change the plugs.  Perhaps go to a step hotter?

6 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I hate these threads.  My bike was running perfectly.  Yesterday I took it out and was giving me a low RPM cough when I would take off.  Almost dropped it a couple of times. 

I'll change the plugs.  Perhaps go to a step hotter?

New plugs= good. Different plugs? Not likely an issue.

I change plugs and perform the Decent Tune-up every 5,000 miles. With the probable wear in my valve guides and hardness of the seals, the plugs really could change at 4,000.

Still, performing all of the full 6 step Decent Tune-up at regular intervals makes a significant difference. Until it's ready to do again . . .

18 hours ago, brenwin said:

From the odd engine lag from time to time it’s a constant at low rpms after the rebalancing

04 Ballabio European models come with the O2 sensor 15RC ECU (I’m not sure about US version).

Check if yours does - anyway O2 sensors are a consumable item & the factory installed units were flawed (slow) - so change out & upgrade to the quicker Bosch LSH24 sensor.

Anyone who still has the original factory O2 sensor should change it.

The 15RC will adapt & it’ll run like butter smoother than you’ve ever experienced.

• Thanks 1

It's likely your TPS switch. Or they did a crap job on your throttle synch. If any coughing check your throttle boots. 

Common if the place you took it to doesn't work on FI or Guzzis a whole lot. 

15 hours ago, docc said:

New plugs= good. Different plugs? Not likely an issue.

I change plugs and perform the Decent Tune-up every 5,000 miles. With the probable wear in my valve guides and hardness of the seals, the plugs really could change at 4,000.

Still, performing all of the full 6 step Decent Tune-up at regular intervals makes a significant difference. Until it's ready to do again . . .

I was thinking that a hotter plug might last a little longer since the plugs get build up.  5k miles?  I like to go 10k when I adjust the valves and service the drive and tranny.  The PC makes it run well but it might be a tad rich.