House-Tuning: anyone used them? they reprogram Moto Guzzi V11 ECUs;

p6x

Here's the "About us" page: http://www.house-tuning.de/en/pagina/editor/whoare/#table

They are based in Italy, they apparently have specific maps for the Moto Guzzi V11; http://www.house-tuning.de/en/moto/model/3646-moto-guzzi-V11-Le-Mans-1100cc-E0-91cv/#table

They offer various services, including an interface to read ECU, for cars.

Anyone knows them? they seem to be based in Italy although the URL of their website and inquiry email ends in .de

They sell 250 EUR the map for a V11. Would the file be usable with GuzziDiag? I have not looked at what format is required, but it may be easy to port the map to be uploaded via the Lonelec interface?

• Like 1

Here's the "About us" page: http://www.house-tuning.de/en/pagina/editor/whoare/#table
They are based in Italy, they apparently have specific maps for the Moto Guzzi V11; http://www.house-tuning.de/en/moto/model/3646-moto-guzzi-V11-Le-Mans-1100cc-E0-91cv/#table
Anyone knows them? they seem to be based in Italy although the URL of their website and inquiry email ends in .de
They sell 250 EUR the map for a V11. Would the file be usable with GuzziDiag? I have not looked at what format is required, but it may be easy to port the map to be uploaded via the Lonelec interface?

250 EUR seems a tad excessive.... Even with the increase in freight charges due to covid

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ridiculously expensive, triple what Beetle charges for his maps for Norges and Grisos and other Guzzis,  and anyway, Meinolf here has a V11 BIN already that can be uploaded with Guzzidiag, wouldn't it work for your model also?  Maybe worth supporting a long time member here.  

On 9/26/2021 at 1:20 AM, p6x said:

The question is why the hell would you want to pay for this when you can do it for free via Guzzidiag. Not quite sure what the % and HP numbers they quote for the V11 Lemans is all about.

Ciao

6 hours ago, Jimmyegypt said:

250 EUR seems a tad excessive.... Even with the increase in freight charges due to covid emoji12.png

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

From what I understood, 250 EUR is for the full service. You bring the vehicle, wait in the lounge, and drive out once done.

30 minutes ago, p6x said:

From what I understood, 250 EUR is for the full service. You bring the vehicle, wait in the lounge, and drive out once done.

A "full service" lounge, I hope. With open bar, hors d'oeuvres, lobster bisque, live music, a massage, dancing, followed by tiramisu and champagne . . . maybe an espresso and a good cigar. :sun:

I stopped short of saying, "What? No kiss?" :huh:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, docc said:

A "full service" lounge, I hope. With open bar, hors d'oeuvres, lobster bisque, live music, a massage, dancing, followed by tiramisu and champagne . . . maybe an espresso and a good cigar. :sun:

I stopped short of saying, "What? No kiss?" :huh:

Well now you have all of our attention!!!  Exactly where is this bar you speak of…within a few days drive ???  :)

1 minute ago, PJPR01 said:

Well now you have all of our attention!!!  Exactly where is this bar you speak of…within a few days drive ???  :)

Heh, it is the SpineRaid Dream Garage, of course. :luigi::bier::drink:

Seems that "House-Tuning", in Italy, has some comfortable sofas, TV, Wi-Fi and strong coffee in their waiting lounge. I might think this very attractive for the ALFA 4C or BMW M5 owner wanting their ride to have a "spa day."

Otherwise, that money is about two hours of shop time in these parts. Even if you don't want to load a known map to your V11 yourself, that is priced an hour too much, IMO.

Hence, my tongue-in-cheek list of what should be expected in their "full service lounge."   :whistle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Just what I was thinking Pete.

Ciao

My guess is if you were to look at one of these maps it would be your typical 'Throw 20% more fuel at it across the map and advance the spark by a degree above 4,000' type items. See it the whole time, it's based on the ridiculous and completely wrong theory that modern engines are 'Mapped lean to get through emissions.'.

It makes my brain hurt.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pete roper said:

My guess is if you were to look at one of these maps it would be your typical 'Throw 20% more fuel at it across the map and advance the spark by a degree above 4,000' type items. See it the whole time, it's based on the ridiculous and completely wrong theory that modern engines are 'Mapped lean to get through emissions.'.

It makes my brain hurt.

Right? I can't fault them for marketing a service. Yet, it is hard to fathom that any "full service house" offering mapping for such a numerous array of vehicles could approach the kind of results that a dedicated enthusiast, like Meinolf, Beetle, or Will Creedon, can accomplish and share for such specific and rather rare models.

I'm going to do another "Decent Tune-up" after the 200.000 km mark, then entertain the map change. I've been a poster child for the factory map, yet that makes mySport a perfect candidate for a map change (once all the other parameters are renewed.)

If the outcome is stunning and earth-shaking, I'm opening a little lounge with coffees and GP Racing on the monitors.  @p6x will supply the French sardines, and @LowRyter , the backbeat. :sun:   Lots of lively conversation in The SpineRaider Lounge:bier:

:nerd:  We map while you rap.  :drink:

:grin:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Lowryter might be playing you The Greatful Dead but his rap game is dubious at best!  

But I like where you are going with this Full Service model!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Haha, drummers always play the bassman!  And we (mostly) go along . . .

This business of loading our own V11 maps . . . well, now: the new horizon . . .

1 hour ago, docc said:

Haha, drummers always play the bassman!  And we (mostly) go along . . .

This business of loading our own V11 maps . . . well, now: the new horizon . . .

It's laughably easy docc, even I can do it. When you think about the limitations of the std map your respect for them might wain. The std map has to cover all countries and condition, all the various emission regs for those countries, the different varieties of fuel and fuel quality and then in addition to that the FW factor. It's always one massive compromise. In the car world it's way more advanced than what we have on the old V11. My car you buy an access port for $600 and it comes with a 93/98 octane map so you pick up 15HP straight away. Then most tuners offer a deal for a few hundred dollars where they send you a base tune for your car and any mods you may or may not have and maybe 3 revisions. You hook up your access port which some people run on the dash all the time as it gives direct engine info in real time and go out and do 2 or 3 hard 3rd gear pulls on a quiet piece of road and log the parameters. Download the info and email it to your tuner and he'll look at the data and tailor the tune a little to your particular car and email it back to you. Load the new tune and repeat if you want even more refinement. 21st century custom tuning.

Ciao   

• Like 1