So, about those sexy OEM V11 spark plug wires and caps...

VtwinStorm

I bought a pair of these. And it's 'RACING CABLE"! The CR6 is one meter long. There is also a CR4 at 50cm, but that would be too short.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/273921096472?epid=171310303&hash=item3fc6f83b18:g:IIUAAOSwQ8xdI574

IMG_2940%20copy.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know I should have tried to find those OEM NOS HT wires with the coil terminals included (GU01718330 ), but I got all excited and ordered the 7.5mm red wire to cut to length from O'Reilly's. Needing the terminal ends for the coils, I bought these to install. A buck a piece plus the usual shipping, so another $7.50US:

https://marxparts.com/spark_plug_wire_and_fittings.htm

7MM%20better%20style%20distributor%20cap

So, $30US for both with the coil terminals (and extra wire) instead of $30 each side (assuming they are available).

I did what PO18guy did and then went to the local mom & pop cycle speed shop for the terminal ends.  I believe I reused the wire boot up at the coil.  The reason I replaced them was that the right plug cap was damaged in a fall by the PO and the fact that they were 18+ years old.

....I believe mine have the 5k resistor caps.

• Like 1

+1 that the resistor caps are 5kΩ.

When y'all buy plug caps (and plugs), I'd suggest getting a couple extra of each and stow them in the monkey paw trap. Even a light tip over can damage the cap and plug. If they are onboard, you (or one of your unfortunate buds) will not be stranded by such simple (and vulnerable) parts that can be easily on hand. :luigi:

• Like 3

The advantage of non-resister wires is that you can mess with those irritating thumpin' car stereos in traffic.

• Haha 1

I've got 7.5mm HT wire on the way from O'Reillys, but if I could have a do-over (other than the OEM, if they are actually available), these 7mm wires from (Bob) MarxParts (Wisconsin, USA) look enticing! (This is the guy that is willing to sell me just the coil terminals I need) . . .

7MM%20Red%20LC%20with%20black%20and%20ye

2 hours ago, docc said:

+1 that the resistor caps are 5kΩ.

When y'all buy plug caps (and plugs), I'd suggest getting a couple extra of each and stow them in the monkey paw trap. Even a light tip over can damage the cap and plug. If they are onboard, you (or one of your unfortunate buds) will not be stranded by such simple (and vulnerable) parts that can be easily on hand. :luigi:

Yes docc I've been in the position of riding to the next town auto parts store to buy another plug for a friends Guzzi after a crash.

Ciao

• Like 1

So, I received my red "7.5mm High Performance" HT wire from O'Reillys. It is decidedly thicker than the factory wires. Rather than "eyeballing" over a steel rule, I took my inch-measure dial caliper to them. Very likely the red factory "spark plug wire" is actually 7mm, not 7.5mm.

Has anyone checked availability of the factory part number GU01718330 ?

Update: AF1 Racing had the OEM wires... around $80.00 shipped...ouch.

At least I got them on the way...Caps were on eBay for under $20 shipped.

Result!

• Like 1