OMRON G8HE-1C7T-R-DC12 DC12V or Equivalent (CIT A11CSQ12VDC1.5R?)

p6x

11 minutes ago, docc said:

"Miniaturized package"

Yes, indeed, @p6x, if we could fit physically larger relays somewhere below our seat, achieving the higher current ratings would be a non-issue. 30 - 40 amp automotive relays are very common. As long as there is so much space in the engine compartment to mount them. My experience with our V11 is that is very tightly packaged.

The norm to look for is "ISO 280".

I found more OMRON relays in Europe, unfortunately, all with a zero stock.

And in any case, those relays were all G8V

There are two SPDT types: 10A and 20A.

Those are good for accessories, and NOT for engine starter.

Therefore, we can keep the G8HE for position 1 exclusively.

I think we can use the G8V in position 2,3,4,5.

@docc

I found this relay from a company Belgium based;

CIT, 30A SPDT;

Here's the data sheet. While it is not 35A NO, 30A, it probably works.

It costs only 1.92 EUR; look at the sizes it would fit the relay box of the Guzzi.

A6 relais

Hmm,  actually, if I understand correctly: V11 Relay Position #5 (Fuel Injection/Ignition) is the most demanding, High Current position (N.O.). The Position #1 (Start Relay) is most compromised in the N.C. (weak) contact state in the early V11 wiring configuration. Later V11 wiring stressed the Ignition Switch more.

I realize the "Best Relay" thread is very long and starts with only a question, but the process of discovery was most revealing . . .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, p6x said:

@docc

CIT, 30A SPDT;

It costs only 1.92 EUR; look at the sizes it would fit the relay box of the Guzzi.

A6 relais

Please, again, "Switching Current" is not a measure of "continuous current" (as in:  we expect relay contacts to operate our fuel injection and ignition >continuously< through N.O. relay contacts).

2 minutes ago, docc said:

Hmm,  actually, if I understand correctly: V11 Relay Position #5 (Fuel Injection/Ignition) is the most demanding, High Current position (N.O.). The Position #1 (Start Relay) is most compromised in the N.C. (weak) contact state in the early V11 wiring configuration. Later V11 wiring stressed the Ignition Switch more.

Only the #1 relay has three prongs.(pins)

#2,3,4,5 have two prongs.(pins)

13 minutes ago, p6x said:

@docc

CIT, 30A SPDT;

A6 relais

That relay could check out!

5 minutes ago, p6x said:

Only the #1 relay has three prongs.(pins)

#2,3,4,5 have two prongs.(pins)

Yes, let us agree that  "two vs three prongs" is what most of us have been calling "4-pin/blade" (Form A) and 5-pin/blade (Form C) which include the additional two connections for the relay's coil.

@doc;

It does not make sense to me that the relays could not have a continuous carry load. It is not specified in the CIT A6 data sheet, but I expect it is the case.

I sent an email to the company in Belgium, with the OMRON G8HE data sheet attached.

Let's see if they answer.

• Thanks 2

• p6x changed the title to OMRON G8HE-1C7T-R-DC12 DC12V or Equivalent CIT A11CSQ12VDC1.5R

Looks like a legitimate "high current" Micro-ISO relay!  (20/30A)

Any information on a source vendor, pricing, and minimum quantities for the Form C/SPDT/ "5-pin" version?

2 minutes ago, docc said:

Looks like a legitimate "high current" Micro-ISO relay!  (20/30A)

Any information on a source vendor, pricing, and minimum quantities for the Form C/SPDT/ "5-pin" version?

I found these relay while searching in Europe;

Here's the pricing from a Belgium based company named DigiKEY;

https://www.digikey.be/products/fr?keywords=A11CSQ12VDC1.5R

As you can see, it is quite cheap. 1.66 EUR for one, 1.55 EUR for 10 and so on.

Our good friend at CIT Relay and Switch has offered to quote.

Should we make a collegial order, to be stocked for those who need them?

I could ask him to send a sample, so we can give it a trial by fire. Once confirmed, we purchase a quantity that someone with space can stock?

DigiKey thought I might also be interested in this relay (173 in stock, USA):

Same capacity ratings, what is different? "Coil power" is reduced from 1.5 Watts to 1.2 Watts. Is this significant for our applications?

(If I am reading the OMRON G8HE Data Sheet correctly, the OMRON coil "rated power consumption" is 1.694 Watts (stronger coil?)

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/cit-relay-and-switch/A11CSQ12VDC1-2/12503242

Also, do the CIT relays have a built-in surge suppression resistor?

EDIT: Ah, only if there is an "R" at the end of the number. Digikey USA shows 802 of these in stock, $191US each . . .

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/cit-relay-and-switch/A11CSQ12VDC1-2R/12503244?s=N4IgTCBcDaIIIEYEGEDKBFBYBqARZCAdGAEogC6AvkA

Thank you, @p6x, for the great find! I have 5 of the SPDT, 1.2watt coil, resistor relays on the way from DigiKeyUSA. (The 1.5 watt coils do not appear available, with or without the suppression resistor, either in the US or from Europe).

With taxes and shipping, $3.40US each.

Once here, I will perform the Ryland dissection next to our treasured, but NLA, OMRON G8HE and report the manufacturer's country of origin . . .

• docc changed the title to OMRON G8HE-1C7T-R-DC12 DC12V or Equivalent (CIT A11CSQ12VDC1.5R?)

@docc

My 5 OMRON are on the way for about $46.

What's funny, is when I searched for relays here in the USA, I draw a blank.

When I searched in EUROPE, using QWANT, I got that hit on the CIT through DigiKey.

Alan Romero has kindly proposed to quote; let me see if he wants to send me a free sample.

But if the CIT works for our application, at least we have a replacement for the defunct OMRON.

• Thanks 1