OMRON G8HE-1C7T-R-DC12 DC12V or Equivalent (CIT A11CSQ12VDC1.5R?)

p6x

This development is soooooo promising! Thank you, @p6x !

DigiKeyUS was such a reliable source for the OMRON G8HE before "onlinecomponents", then they both went "cold" with no equivalent product to offer.

:notworthy:  Welldone, Sir, welldone, indeed! :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, p6x said:

@docc

OnlineComponents have them on back-order too. 1000 expected on 12/13/2021.

26 weeks factory lead time.

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/en/cit-relay-and-switch/a11csq12vdc15r-51176058.html

Will the "1.2 coil power" work for us (instead of the 1.5 ? The 1.2W is available.

Surmising that 'coil power' somehow relates to the force applied to the contact points?  Where's Ryland3210 now that we need him? :D

18 hours ago, po18guy said:

Surmising that 'coil power' somehow relates to the force applied to the contact points?  Where's Ryland3210 now that we need him? :D

Contact force applied by the coil is what I am thinking, yet it primarily shows the power consumed by the coil.

I am not at all sure whether there would be any practical difference between 1.2, 1.5W, and 1.7W coils.

Bounce, perhaps?

I have answered that we are in the testing phase;

Should we try to put in a bulk order?

Who would be interested to replace their 5 original Relay with those?

It is the same layout as G8HE 1CT7T-R-DC12. We can build samples for testing. Please help with a few questions and tell me more about the project.

What is the project name? 

What quantity do you need quoted?

What is the EAU?

What is your target cost for this relay? 

Are you able to provide the end customer? We can extend any special price agreement to you which has been negotiated with the end customer if you provide that information.

I look forward to your reply.

I'll have a set (5) of the CTI with 1.2 watt coils from DigiKeyUS fairly soon, I hope.  They do not have a minimum order and the shipping (US Postal Service) was $4.95US.  So, $17US for 5 relays.

I'll cut one open and compare to the unobtanium OMRON G8HE internals. I don't have the capabilities that Ryland did to test "bounce" and record data points with an oscilloscope, but will do what inspection, observation, and measuring that can be done.

I have examined the Data Sheets of Panasonic, GEI, CTI, and OMRON relays. They are, unfortunately, not produced to a strict standard. OMRON clearly differentiates between "switching" (inrush?) current  and "continuous" current ratings. Others do not make this distinction and their relay rating can appear higher than it deserves ("Switching/Inrush" ratings are always higher than "continuous current" ratings).

I can also install the CTI 1.2W in my Sport's most demanding Position#5 and take infrared temperature readings. This method has been very revealing as to how much heat a substandard relay will produce. This along with accurately weighing the relay can be helpful compared with observations previously contributed on the "Best Relay" thread.

• Like 2

I was wondering about the current draws Roy posted a while back in the link in one of doccs posts and decided to bench test some of my parts.

Roys original figures in black and mine in Red

Relay No 5 ECU Power relay

The fuel pump draws about 4.5 amps unless the fuel filters blocked where it can draw about 9...... I got 1.8 amps unloaded then it started making noises because it was running dry and went to 3.5. Gave it a squirt of WD40 in the inlet and back to 1.85.

Each injector will draw 1 amp. Ran an injector continuously and 0.1 amps draw.

Each coil will draw 17 Amps. Only had a "Dual HT output" coil on hand from an MV Agusta and it was 15 amps.

That all adds up to 22.5 Amps 

My total 17 amps with an unloaded pump and I'd imagine around 19 loaded.

Don't know what all this means but that's the bench figures. Maybe the relay isn't under quite as much load as we think?

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

I have received my OMRON G8HEs yesterday Oct 12, 2021.

Kudos to the eBay seller, the packaging was outstanding and the Relays appear to be new.

He has three more left, if anybody is interested; here's the link: 10.89 per relay, and 4.90 USD for the shipping.

OMRON G8HE 1CT7T R1 DC12 topOMRON G8HE 1CT7T R1 DC12 sideOMRON G8HE 1CT7T R1 DC12 Bottom

• Like 1

@docc Interestingly, I got a reply from DigiKey Canada to my query to DigiKey in Belgium.

I asked the question in French to DigiKey Belgium and DigiKey Canada replied in French.

I had asked the same question I did to CIT Relay and Switch;

-what would they recommend as a replacement for the "Crème de la Crème" G8HE?

They could not come up with anything fit for purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 5 CIT 1.2 watt coil relays arrived from DigiKey US in three days.

There is no country of origin printed on the relay, itself. These are sealed (epoxy filled where the shell meets the base, so they will weigh a bit more than unsealed just from that. Yet, the weight is very close to an unsealed OMRON G8HE, which is promising (both are Form C, SPDT/ "5-pin"):

G8HE              20.1 grams

CIT A11CSQ    20.2 grams

Yes, l woud be happy if an even better relay than the Omron shows up. Form A 4 pins was still available ? So 1 5pin woud do the job. I'm settled for life, meaning l have a few that coud leave the house, 1 at the time.
Sorry, my relays woudn't be bargain, my order was like 250$ and 25% import dutys. Think, hoping most of the clan is all set. NOT trying to take advantage of the relay situation.
D IPA TIME. ( anybody having a couple of MP Type 23 12V 40amp relays for my 1000S ? )
Cheers Tom 157894ffb87eaf43d0942338a30a2c8a.jpg996806c37b15c9e6a3afe1a7545e1c8b.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 2

After riding my Sport today about 36 miles/58 km, I found the 4 year old OMRON G8HE in the #5 Ignition/injector position 155ºF/68ºC. Installed the CI,T then another 36 miles and the CTI was 159ºF/71ºC.

The IR reader is only accurate to +/- 4ºF/6.5ºC, so the two relays are essentially the same with regard to heat. Both are hotter than I expected based upon previous reports in the Hot Relay thread.

Not sure if any of that is helpful, really. I think it is encouraging the new CIT was not significantly different than the OMRON. I'll leave it in the FI/Ignition position and keep an eye on it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A tidy package of things of beauty arrived today. Will they work? We will soon see.

IMG_3230.JPG

Substantial little things at 20.25 grams, or 311 grains, which is a pretty good bullet. The question remains: is it live, or is it Memorex?

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:23 AM, Tomchri said:

... anybody having a couple of MP Type 23 12V 40amp relays for my 1000S ? 
Cheers Tom 

I have some relays sitting in a box. Pick one. Do you need a base too? I don't have terminals for it yet though.

The price is one of the famous Stathelle IPA beers next time I get to Norway. 

I plan to fit one of these larger relays to my bike to replace the rear-most relay.

Relays.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1