What's Wrong With This LeMans? Where's Waldo?

Mike Stewart

25 minutes ago, docc said:

The motor does appear to be a stripped LongFrame motor. The vestigial oil cooler mounting holes on the sump spacer (left over from the pre-V11 Sports) are not drilled and tapped and the mounting hole at the rear of the engine case for the LongFrame subframe brace is plugged.

241996651_10161378361353858_837165699667

Well spotted on the plugged subframe holes docc :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, footgoose said:

I sent a note to ask about it and he was kind enough to respond. He hasn't had it long and is not sure of the history but says it runs well and the P/O was a multi Guzzi guy.

No description available.

I'm sure he was, lol. Multi Guzzis assembled in one location:D

Ciao

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Stewart said:

Hum, $4250., Hey, I could use the wheels, anybody want to buy the rest of it for $4000? :D

I mean, is it really a parts bike once "someone" has taken all the parts and made a running bike out of it?

LeMans MultiGuzzi

Hasn't had it long but is moving it down the road. OooooK. On another forum I just did a little sneak-n-peak into a sporting goods website with amazing prices and everything in stock...

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-13%20at%206.38.5

6 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Has anyone gone on FB and asked about it? First it was fake Singer 1911s, fake hemi Cudas and now this?

46 minutes ago, footgoose said:

I sent a note to ask about it and he was kind enough to respond. He hasn't had it long and is not sure of the history but says it runs well and the P/O was a multi Guzzi guy.

No description available.

Seems footgoose got a reply?

Looks like a legit V11 LeMans replica. I suspect a pre-V11 frame.

The geometries of the frame, and 5speed gearbox, along with the drive ratios of that 5speed along with the pre-V11 bevel drive would make this a curious animal to ride.

Sure, not really a "2002 V11 LeMans", but more a "MultiGuzzi" project.

At least all of the awful, blistered 2002 bubbly driveline paint is nowhere to be seen . . .

1 hour ago, docc said:

I mean, is it really a parts bike once "someone" has taken all the parts and made a running bike out of it?

LeMans MultiGuzzi

I'm a believer in an assembly of the correct parts makes the designated model. I'm not one of the "it must have matching numbers" people so assembling a bike from parts is fine by me it's just in this case being neither fish nor fowl could cause it to have a lesser value which wouldn't be fair to an unwitting buyer.  

BTW here's my latest "non greenie" addition thanks to KINDOY2. My bike doesn't know what the hell it is.

DSC01466.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2