Lowering Footpegs

Guest russ

I'd like to lower the footpegs on my LeMans a couple of inches. Anyone have a good idea. Rich Maunds Kawasaki conversion looks great but I need a little more room. Any ideas? :sun:

russ,

we just finished a simple kit that remounts the pegs ~40mm down & 30mm back. the kit is now available as p/n 97401 and the price is $11.99. i should have more of our moto guzzi products up on our web site within the next couple of days.

regards,

ken zeller

evoluzione cyclesports

Guest HI-TECH-CHECK

Ken, how do we obtain this kit? Do we go through your website? Will you sell direct from this site? Do you take paypal?

usually our products are available directly off our web site (www.evoluzione.net) or by calling us directly (805.306.9705). unfortunately i'm running behind on updating our site so the moto guzzi parts aren't displayed yet. hopefully i will get some time this weekend to get the site updated.

regards,

ken zeller

evoluzione cyclesports

Bought a set today! I'll let the list know what they are like when I get them.

Thanks Ken fot your help on the phone.

:D

I just finished my install on the peg relo kit as well. I agree that it is a well designed kit but I think that combined with a new seat that will raise me up an inch plus it should be enough to stop the pain in my knees. I will leave it on the bike unless something better comes along.

I'm 6'2" and have a 32-33 inseam. Without the kit I would have knee pain after about 30-40 minutes of riding. :o

Just took the first ride (about 100 miles) with the relo. It works pretty good. About 80% of the discomfort is gone. Next up is the seat from Rich Maund and I think the inch or so seat height rise will take care of the rest.

I'd have to rate the relo kit an A+ for me based on ease of install, price and return :bier:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just installed a set from evolucione (sorry, spelling it from memory) as well.

I'll give them the A+ in speed, shipping and price, but I'm not sure the ergo's are going to work for me. I've just puttered around town, but it seems to make me lean even more forward than before. I definately did not want to do that. Maybe when I put some higher bars on it, it will be better, but for now I lay down too much- hurts my wrists.

I'm about 5'11", 34 inseam if it matters. Basic human shape.

Took 15 minutes to install- helps if you have a 17mm open end to back up the nuts on the allen bolts. I do like the brake position as well as before, but I'll have to rig something up for the shifter- it's too far forward now. It'll be easy to do with a "J" shaped piece with threads on the long part, and a hole in the other.

Cheers,

Jason

Guest Squashed Nose

Well, I've got a 33 inch inside leg and I can't say that the height of the pegs is a problem. My problem is that I've got limited movement in my left ankle following a nasty accident on an RD350 YPVS back in '89. The stock gear lever will not go down far enough for me as it fouls the side plate. Would this modification cure this problem as well? Would the shipping costs to the UK be prohibitive? Are the bits available in the UK already? Am I asking too many questions?

I recently spent a week in France on Jack (my baby) doing 500+ miles in a day. I didn't get any pain in my knees (mabe it's your age sweetie) but I was doing an impression of a dinosaur after a particularly hot curry (megasorearse).

I believe that the kit makes the shifter more difficult. For me the knee pain was severe. I needed to move the pegs. I will work on the shifter to get it right.

B)

Russ is correct; installing the set-backs will make shifting more difficult. I have to rest my heel on the peg in order to reach the shifter now. It will be easy to fix.

The world is a small place nowdays; I bet they can send you a set (perhaps without VAT even?). Like I said, it may not work for me, but heck, for 18 bucks shipped, its a cheap date. Just the experiment is worth that to me. I encourage people to try it if they're interested. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of hundred miles. It's been known to happen.

What I really liked were the tail-piece eliminators. :blink:

Cheers,

Jason

Guest Squashed Nose

I've worked out that a shifter is a gear lever and I can only assume that set-backs are what we know as rearsets.

But just what the hell are tail piece eliminators? :doh:

Guest HI-TECH-CHECK

A tailpiece eliminator takes the place of the rear fender. It is a place to mount your license plate and turn signals only. It really cleans up the look on the rear end. The only downside is the overspray fron the rear tire while driving in wet weather. :bier: