V-11 Sport wheel assy 5.5 inch

Twin AH

But why?

All of the early (1999-2001) Sport had 4.5" rear rims.  V11 "Sport" (with fork mounted headlamp and instruments were produced throughout the range, even in the LongFrame and long tank versions. All of the LongFrame have 5.5" rims.

1 hour ago, docc said:

But why?

All of the early (1999-2001) Sport had 4.5" rear rims.  V11 "Sport" (with fork mounted headlamp and instruments were produced throughout the range, even in the LongFrame and long tank versions. All of the LongFrame have 5.5" rims.

It's about the "look" docc. That's the real reason mine has one.

Ciao

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

It's about the "look" docc. That's the real reason mine has one.

Ciao

Seems that a V10 RedFrame  should have a 9" rear.  Oh, wait, that is something entirely different . . .

th?id=OIP.Zqc8dIp5weFhUNdVEYSflAHaE2%26p

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One on eBay for about 250US or so. Couple of scratches as I recall. Think it's from a Ballabio. but, there's that whole border thing. 

Getting out of Canada? I was just thinking of going there! Oh, wait...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Twin AH said:

Yup I saw that one on ebay as well as the Coppa/Cafe Sport wheel that unfortunately they broke off a few studs that hold the brake rotor.

What a shame.

Sound more like an opportunity than a shame.

Ciao 

19 hours ago, Twin AH said:

Yup I saw that one on ebay as well as the Coppa/Cafe Sport wheel that unfortunately they broke off a few studs that hold the brake rotor.

What a shame.

IDK why these people have to Loctite these rotor bolts to the wheel ? It is an effort to get these loose/off in less than 6 hrs. time .

• Like 1

Quite disturbing to imagine the shaved ape who is given the job to "Bust it to the smallest bits and tie toe tags to the results."

Reminds me of a guy we hired to "deconstruct" our kitchen. That he did. Yet, we never intended to offer up the debris for sale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

IDK why these people have to Loctite these rotor bolts to the wheel ? It is an effort to get these loose/off in less than 6 hrs. time .

That's a question for the factory cause that's what they did and the answer is a simple one. It's more in their interest the bolts never come out unintentionally than it is to make any replacement/maintenance straight forward. Future maintenance years or miles down the track is of zero concern to the factory. As a matter of fact if components get damaged during future maintenance then they make money out of spares. Witness the Weber throttle bodies 5mm screws fitted with green Loctite for goodness sake. Weber have zero concern for anyone disassembling them in years to come but are quite interested that screws dont loosen any time in the near future which may bite them.

Blue Loctite would be understandable but Green just says "we have zero regard for future maintenance"

Ciao

• Like 2