Help for an EV

fubar guzzi

Evening Mr. Low Ryder,in relation to the fuel injection(from hell)the temp sensor was the 1st thing changed,after that everything.This year I didn't make the Okie or Cedar Vail,I bought a Honda to get around on-----next year I'll take that just so I can make it there+back!!!!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, fubar guzzi said:

Evening Mr. Low Ryder,in relation to the fuel injection(from hell)the temp sensor was the 1st thing changed,after that everything.This year I didn't make the Okie or Cedar Vail,I bought a Honda to get around on-----next year I'll take that just so I can make it there+back!!!!!!!!!!!

If you mean the air temp trim then it's influence isn't massive. When the sensors fail the ecu generally has a "default" or std setting so the engine will run pretty decent on a std day. May be harder to start and/or warm up but unless it's particularly hot or cold it should run fine. So a std V11 air temp trim only varies about 3% from 0 deg C to 40 deg C. The engine temp trim about 18% from O deg C to 90 deg C operating temp. Same for the baro sense. The original baro sensor in my bike had failed and I rode around for years no knowing because all my riding is at sea level. On a std V11 map you'd need to ride at an elevation of more than about 2500 feet before the baro trim would affect running to any appreciable degree.

Ciao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

He doesn't have a Guzzi ECU..

It should be a Magnetti Marelli like any other Aprilia era Guzzi. Likely someone put in a crap map throwing off the timing or other things. I've heard nothing good of GuzziDiag. I'm not looking to argue . But everything he's seemed to describe sounds like a fueling issue. Could be a sensor. I don't know. 

2 hours ago, fubar guzzi said:

Good deal.  We all enjoy your company and would hate for you to encounter additional mechanical and medical issues to your and yours.  

I hope you get the bike sorted but I'd enjoy seeing you on a Honda just the same.  In fact, I wasn't on a Guzzi at the last two rallies.  Old bikes always leave me with some feelings of insecurity. 

Hope to see you next time and will offer a PBR if I don't have a Coors Lt.  :bier:

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Rox , I think your off base, did you read back where he said it's a Cliff Jefferies MYecu? So it's not a magneti system.

If that's the case perhaps he should get an OEM ECU.. Some folk trying to get stuff to work that they likely shouldn't be using. Just pull this "Cliff Jefferies" stuff off and get a MM ecu . 

EV-11 stuff is plentiful. And cheap. Or just ponder and scratch your head and wonder why some guy's backyard mechanic rig is fouling up. 

I wish this guy the best getting his bike going. 

I learned a lot of lessons with my LeMans trusting "mechanics" with "backyard garage remedies" and all it did was cost a lot more money in the end unscrewing my bike from the backyard mechanic work. A simple google search on this "GuzziDiag" tunes and it's just a mixed bag of horror stories or a few praises. The guy who owned my LeMans prior to me installed some backyard tune I discovered. It ran like the throttlebodies were dirty and out of wack. Hard to start, coughed, periodic stalling. Come to find there was some "custom tune" done to the ecu. Then when it ran like crap someone tried manually adjusting the throttlebodies and tps switch in attempts to rectify (likely Etheridge). Took me over a year and around $700 to get it sorted. 

But ponder away. I'm stepping out. 

10 hours ago, pete roper said:

Cliff's ECU is actually a top quality and fully tunable unit. It's not some lashed together add on bit of junk and you know how generally scathing I am about most aftermarket stuff.:lol:

Agreed. I just don't know anything about it, so I'm no help.