Jump to content
IGNORED

Sunday ride to Giddings, Texas - meetup at Outlaws BBQ


 Share

Recommended Posts

A few folks will ride out to Giddings this Sunday to meet there around noon at Outlaws BBQ.  Getting to Snow's up in Lexington just up the road would mean standing in line for 3 hours, so we're opting for a different place, but we might ride up to Lexington after lunch before heading home.

Will be a mix of Guzzi, BMW, Yamaha and maybe a few others...

If anyone wants to join, please come out.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2021 at 3:53 PM, PJPR01 said:

A few folks will ride out to Giddings this Sunday to meet there around noon at Outlaws BBQ.  Getting to Snow's up in Lexington just up the road would mean standing in line for 3 hours, so we're opting for a different place, but we might ride up to Lexington after lunch before heading home.

Will be a mix of Guzzi, BMW, Yamaha and maybe a few others...

If anyone wants to join, please come out.

Have you checked the "Texas Monthly" magazine?

Their latest issue has the "40 best BBQs classificationn" in Texas. This is a classification they publish every four years. I went to Barnes and Nobles to get it, but not a single copy.

There's one in the top 5 in Lexington, don't know if it is the one you mentioned in your post. I heard it on NPR.

But lining up for hours to get a BBQ meal.... I feel it is amiss; during a stay in Austin, I checked Franklin's and it is simply insane. People start to line up in the morning!!!

I would have come, but I just gotten back from Paris, late Saturday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks P6!  Yes, had a chance to read a portion of that online, quite a few places to try out, even one relatively close by in Tomball.  We had a great ride out, unfortunately the place in Giddings was closed, so we found another spot for lunch nearby.  
 

Was a nice run, about 240 miles round trip, we did a few stops along the way, Newman’s in Belleville, Orsaks in Fayetteville and lunch in Giddings.  
 

While the weather is nice , we’ll keep riding…will post up here so you can join as your schedule permits!

Cheers…

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PJPR01 said:

Thanks P6!  Yes, had a chance to read a portion of that online, quite a few places to try out, even one relatively close by in Tomball.  We had a great ride out, unfortunately the place in Giddings was closed, so we found another spot for lunch nearby.  
 

Was a nice run, about 240 miles round trip, we did a few stops along the way, Newman’s in Belleville, Orsaks in Fayetteville and lunch in Giddings.  
 

While the weather is nice , we’ll keep riding…will post up here so you can join as your schedule permits!

Cheers…

 

 

My utmost concern at the moment is to complete as many stops as possible of the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas.

It is a bit of marathon now, because I got to a late start having my Le Mans immobilized waiting for that lost end bar weight.

I even managed to make life harder for myself, there were three stops in Gladewater Texas, but the map only lists one. There is a disclaimer about the accuracy of the map, but I did not heed the warning. So my H'town Paris H'town trip should have been 10 stops, and I only did 8.... darn! of course no forgiveness, the tour director told me; no picture, no credit...

Its a 225 miles mistake, I don't feel that I am going to do 450 miles to complete the two stops I missed.

But doing the tour has brought a lot of discovery about many aspects of Texas that you can't really get unless you just hop on your motorbike and go.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

C'est dommage!  All in all though, a fun adventure...had just run thru Paris on the way back from Oklahoma/Arkansas a few weeks ago for the Okie Guzzi rally.  

We ride all year, so whenever your schedule fits, send up a flare.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

C'est dommage!  All in all though, a fun adventure...had just run thru Paris on the way back from Oklahoma/Arkansas a few weeks ago for the Okie Guzzi rally.  

We ride all year, so whenever your schedule fits, send up a flare.

The tour ends on November 15th;

I have lots of items on my bucket list. One of them, of course is Route 66. Then there's Highway 50, a.k.a. "The loneliest road in America". There is also the "Comanche Trail" that you may be familiar with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...