V11 Sport Engine Block Flange

BrianG

Looking for the engine block "flange" for a 2004 V11S.

This is the casting between the engine block itself, and the engine oil sump casting.  PO broke out the side stand mounting bolt boss.

Parts diagram pg 34.31     part #25
GU01003240  flange black

1 hour ago, BrianG said:

It seems that the part number is 01003240 not the 01003202 that yours is. 

But thanks for the offer.

Brian G

That is likely just the difference in the color.

The same part for the 2002 LeMans (wrinkle black):  01003240

For the 1999-2001 Sport (silver color): 01003202

2001 Rosso Mandello (smooth black): 01003240

Here is one from a 2003 LeMans (black like your 2004) on US ebay parted out from Germany:

Moto Guzzi V 11 Le Mans KS Bj 2003 - Oil pan, intermediate ring, engine cover A2

Brian, I'd be willing to send it to you no charge to find out if will work. If it does I'll take whatever you want to offer.

but like Docc says it's a different color, I'd call it gun metal gray.

you can have the sump cover too in grey paint if you want.

• Like 1

All the 'Broad Sump' components are identical physically between the assorted bikes that use the system. As noted, the difference is simply the colour. Foto is offering a 'Try Before You Buy' deal on a part that hasn't been available for years ex factory. I'd grab it with both hands and be amazed that you have been kissed on the arse by a golden fairy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pete roper said:

All the 'Broad Sump' components are identical physically between the assorted bikes that use the system. As noted, the difference is simply the colour. Foto is offering a 'Try Before You Buy' deal on a part that hasn't been available for years ex factory. I'd grab it with both hands and be amazed that you have been kissed on the arse by a golden fairy!

Actually Pete there is one semi significant difference. Some have an 8mm side stand bracket threaded mount bolt hole and some have a 6mm bolt which can be a bit of a pain if you have the wrong one as I did when I did the V10 Sport. Didn't realise until I went to refit the side stand bracket. It's not straight forward opening up the 6mm side stand bracket hole to accommodate the 8mm cap screw head. Not without a mill anyway.

Ciao  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2