Discovered a new nipple!

4corsa

...on my 03 Le Mans, rear of transmission. Any idea what this is for? Assuming I should pump some grease into it - no?82d28da5dbb54ce0cc74561f353113c7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, 4corsa said:

...on my 03 Le Mans, rear of transmission. Any idea what this is for? Assuming I should pump some grease into it - no?82d28da5dbb54ce0cc74561f353113c7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Rather than LeMans, the bikes could have been named the LeMarquis de Sade. Rear wheel off, you can almost reach it without pain. Wiggling the petrified cap off and actually connecting a bleeder hose - then undoing and replacing the whole mess - was my exercise for the month. But, the clutch has worked faultlessly ever since.

4 hours ago, po18guy said:

Rather than LeMans, the bikes could have been named the LeMarquis de Sade. Rear wheel off, you can almost reach it without pain. Wiggling the petrified cap off and actually connecting a bleeder hose - then undoing and replacing the whole mess - was my exercise for the month. But, the clutch has worked faultlessly ever since.

Really?

Ciao

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Really?

Ciao

As to access, yes. I cut easily. I bleed easily. I like neither, so off the wheel came.

Next time I flush the clutch fluid I am going to try installing a hose for remote bleeding as my Stelvio (and I assume other CARC bikes). My Stelvio has a line where that bleeder valve goes. It terminates under the seat with a bleeder valve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scud said:

Next time I flush the clutch fluid I am going to try installing a hose for remote bleeding as my Stelvio (and I assume other CARC bikes). My Stelvio has a line where that bleeder valve goes. It terminates under the seat with a bleeder valve.

I’d love to see how that turns out, @Scud!

• Like 1