Lifting the V11

BrianG

docc, when ever I see pictures of your bike’s engine I am always impressed by how clean it is! Not one trace of oil seepage, road grime……nothing!
So, in addition to the Barry White to go along with your sexy bike lift lighting, here’s one for your oh-so-clean engine:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:39 PM, Kane said:

docc, when ever I see pictures of your bike’s engine I am always impressed by how clean it is! Not one trace of oil seepage, road grime……nothing!
So, in addition to the Barry White to go along with your sexy bike lift lighting, here’s one for your oh-so-clean engine:

Soooo, turns out she loves the spotlight, the stage, the footlights. (Me? I'm just a backstagehand.)

IMG_0319.jpg

I produced that photograph for a college art class. If I knew then what I know now, I would have titled it "Love is a Burden" . . .

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, cash1000 said:

Another Photo DSC01761.JPG

Yes I got an almost identical one when I bought my bike, Damaged paint to the pork chops and dangerous as hell to use, with the bike moving backwards about 6 inches as it rolls onto the stand. You were also unsighted to one of the nut supports when using it and hoped it hadn't moved out of position as you moved the bike upright and got it settled. It was so dodgy I stopped using it. Anyone that wants it can have it for nothing. The beauty of the socket type with wheels is the stand stays captive on the mount nuts so the stand can't disconnect from the bike and the stand rotates safely and controllable under the bike on its own wheels. It also means you can roll the bike into a front wheel chock so it's vertical and lift the rear of the bike while in the chock. For the sake of $150 or so the other type isn't worth the risk. 

Ciao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cash1000 said:

Or you could make your own factory stand or MartyNZ has an even better one that he might like to show here

I looked at Cash1000's stand, and thought I could make one like it, but red, and with wheels.

Bike on Stand c.jpg

It has plastic clevises to avoid marking the pork-chops.

Clevis 7.jpg 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Since I routinely use the Baxley SportChock to index the front tire on the lift, it gives me great trepidation (the "heebie-jeebies" :blink:) when I have to remove the front wheel for a tire change/ brake service/ fork service.

Belts and suspenders (and lift and platform jack) using the rear tire as an index point this time . . .

IMG_7474.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chuck said:

Front tire change is easy. Just back it into the chock, tie it down, and lift under the motor..:huh2:

I would need a couple other capable guys to back mySport up onto the lift into the chock. Solo? No way.

Y'all come, now! Ya hear?

Spine%20gasket_zpsasbc8z4k.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chuck said:

Front tire change is easy. Just back it into the chock, tie it down, and lift under the motor..:huh2:

8 minutes ago, docc said:

I would need a couple other capable guys to back mySport up onto the lift into the chock. Solo? No way.

I hear you Docc, what sounds like a good idea seems a little risky with a 500lbs bike... I would not try that solo.

• Thanks 1

Putting the bike on a lift and using a jack to raise it to get the front wheel off is relatively easy.

Getting it up in the air, supported, balanced and tied off securely so you can remove both wheels at the same time; requires some careful thought and planning.

My Tonti frames with a center stand are child's play in comparison.

fwiw ymmv jmho

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 10:15 PM, docc said:

Soooo, turns out she loves the spotlight, the stage, the footlights. (Me? I'm just a backstagehand.)

IMG_0319.jpg

I produced that photograph for a college art class. If I knew then what I know now, I would have titled it "Love is a Burden" . . .

Hey, you found bag racks for it. Where'd they come from?

6 hours ago, Randy said:

Hey, you found bag racks for it. Where'd they come from?

I replaced one of my originals with part of a set another member had for sale here. The fitment was very subtly different even though they were both first gen Tekno.

• 2 months later...