V11 Le Mans production numbers HELP ???

Jon K

Lets try this one more time : V11 Le Mans production numbers, i have been trying to get production numbers on a 2002 and 2004 Le Mans for insurance collectors status here in BC, for years, and so far i have not been successful, even after contacting Guzzi and Ian Fallon, it seems like some people have gotten this without providing any production numbers, but not me

Is there anyone out there that has anything on paper regarding the production numbers,or anyone in BC that has gotten collectors status for their V11 Le Mans????? 

• Like 1

I read your post last night, and while in bed, I scrubbed the Italian forums for some answers on my tablet.

I found similar query with partial answers.

One guy claimed he wrote to Guzzi about the Centauro production numbers, and got a reply from Guzzi.

This is the thread I went through: http://forum.guzzisti.it/viewtopic.php?t=33844&start=20

If you go down the thread, you will find some answers for some of the limited editions.

I found several duplicate threads in various Forums with the same question and no tangible answer.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, docc said:

"V11 SCURA R - - -  18"    :o

No wonder I have never seen one . . .

Did you notice the "Playboy" version? I have not investigated it further.

2 hours ago, Jon K said:

yea this is not what i need,it has be for the V11 Le Mans

I’ll revisit that “Playboy Edition” (EE), since that is an irresistible topic (and interesting model), but back to @Jon K’s inquiry.

As stated, the production numbers of the “common” V11 have never been made clearly available.

I do recall a Canadian member securing collector status for his V11 in recent years. Perhaps I can find that thread…..

I spotted a comment saying Tenni production numbers should be 150 and not 170. A response came back with no, it's 170 ... and referenced V11 LM.Com !!:thumbsup: So it seems people all over the world want to know. Thanks for the work p6x.

Jon K, you'll likely need to directly contact the factory IN Italy for any chance of an answer. I did once and got a reply, so it's not impossible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, docc said:

I since saw a post from you about that one of kind? Playboy Edition.

I am wondering if it is still around in someone's garage...

4 minutes ago, p6x said:

I since saw a post from you about that one of kind? Playboy Edition.

I am wondering if it is still around in someone's garage...

I wonder, as well. I also wondered where you heard of that "model."  I did not see it on the list in the AnimaGuzzisti link.

New topic posted in hopes one of our own is hiding the V11 Playboy EE in some anté chamber waiting to be discovered by inquiring archeologists . . .

6 hours ago, docc said:

@Jon K, Here is the thread I was thinking of. Looks like several members in BC: @guzzijek, @SMDL@guzzigary, @loteq, @motrhead, and especially this post by @PhillipLarsen:

According to some on this linked thread all you have to do is state that it's less than 1500 and you're home free.

Thinking about Ins companies for a minute, I'm going to venture to say that they already know how many were produced, considering the entire business is built on statistics. Also, why would you get a discount if it is more rare and harder to fix or replace? Maybe they figure a "collector" bike will be better cared for. Who knows.

My Ins co is State Farm, a large Ins Co. They couldn't even find "LeMans" in their data base, only Sport. Same for my BMV. So I have 2 Sports.:helmet: They also run credit checks in Indiana with your score affecting your premium.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, docc said:

I wonder, as well. I also wondered where you heard of that "model."  I did not see it on the list in the AnimaGuzzisti link.

I set myself in Italy, and using a local search engine, I type key words in Italian. Then I follow the hit list, and I sometimes find old conversations, from back when the V11 was still in production.

Using different search engines, and setting myself in different locations, I find pay. This is how I heard about the Playboy EE.

But it is mostly a wild goose search. Search engines tend to always bring up the same threads that you have probably read several times already.

There are some websites that invite owners to post their review of their bikes, following an established format. I also check what models are registered there. Just in case I get lucky.

However that Playboy EE may be a case of the Mustang Bullit Fastback that was lost for many years, with the owner letting it rot in a barn, refusing any offer to turn it over.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:53 PM, footgoose said:

According to some on this linked thread all you have to do is state that it's less than 1500 and you're home free.

Thinking about Ins companies for a minute, I'm going to venture to say that they already know how many were produced, considering the entire business is built on statistics. Also, why would you get a discount if it is more rare and harder to fix or replace? Maybe they figure a "collector" bike will be better cared for. Who knows.

My Ins co is State Farm, a large Ins Co. They couldn't even find "LeMans" in their data base, only Sport. Same for my BMV. So I have 2 Sports.:helmet: They also run credit checks in Indiana with your score affecting your premium.

Also in Indiana, my black frame burgundy is a "Rosso". I guess I'm in rarified air.....

• Like 1