Most rare V11 models: V11 Playboy Exclusive Edition?

docc

Sure, we all know about the very few hundred of Rosso Mandello and Scura (600-700, respectively?). And less than two hundred Tenni (170?) Perhaps just slightly fewer Coppa Italia (150?).

But then it has been reported only 18 (of a planned 20?) V11 Scura R.  Are any of those models outside of Europe/ UK? Never exported to the USA?

3467.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The rarest V11 of all? Likely the V11 Playboy Exclusive Edition (EE).

Here it is at the 2003 Brussels Salon presented with Playmate Tanya Dexters . . .

gallery_25_20583.jpg

Was there ever more than one built?  Was it prepared by the factory? Where is it now?

And are there any other images from this photo shoot or presentation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing what can be found in the most strangest places. A Scura R only about 100m north of me.  He woudn't let it go :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was thinking if anyone had that V11EE, it might be parked between a Riviera and an elephant-motor Mopar in some secret Norwegian location . . .

That would be IPA-time, indeed! :bier:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From Wikipédia.fr:

La V11 Playboy EE (pour Exclusive Edition) est une série spéciale présentée au salon de Bruxelles en 2003 commémorant les cinquante ans du magazine. Uniquement réservée au marché belge et néerlandais, ce modèle se singularise par sa livrée gris métal, complétée par des logos représentant le lapin, et son échappement en titane. Chaque acheteur a reçu un abonnement d'un an au magazine. Ceux qui ont passé commande avant le ont également reçu deux laissez-passer pour assister à la soirée jubilé de Playboy qui a eu lieu à Amsterdam, dans le Heineken Music Hall le .

The V11 Playboy EE (for Exclusive Edition) is a special series presented at the Brussels Motor Show in 2003 commemorating the magazine's fiftieth anniversary. Reserved exclusively for the Belgian and Dutch market, this model is distinguished by its metallic gray livery, completed by logos representing the rabbit, and its titanium escapement. Each buyer received a one-year magazine subscription. Those who ordered before April 15, 2003 also received two passes to attend the Playboy Jubilee Party held in Amsterdam, in the Heineken Music Hall on April 25, 2003.
  • Like 1

Frankly, this is a very familiar and fantastically sexy formula . . .

gallery_25_20583.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

Missing = 1) Exclusivity <_<,  and 2) Tanya Dexters  :huh: (Instead, a concrete pillar) :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Amazing what can be found in the most strangest places. A Scura R only about 100m north of me.  He woudn't let it go :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

Talk about rare. I'm the current "keeper" of the most rare V11S model of all, the Scura RC.

(rubber chicken)

IMG_20211027_071321868.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

As mentioned already, it's funny the strange places they turn up.

Although I was a bike fanatic when I was younger, haunted all the bike shops and lusted after the CX100 in the magazines back in the day, I had never actually seen a Moto Guzzi in person through my lifetime.

About 12 years ago at work, I'm in the back parking lot on a smoke break, and one of the guys that worked in the traffic office, rides in on a Rosso Mandello; he'd apparently just picked it up from the Chicago ? area in the US on a bus? and ride deal.

I was awestruck, be still my beating heart.

When the first guzzi you see and touch is a RM, that sets the stage, and is the fodder for a serious addiction, lol :D

• Like 4

Odd that the Scura R pictured above has a gold (Rizoma??) handlebar instead of clip ons....was that stock on the R version?

Chuck...it looks like the chicken crossed the road right into your Scura and got stuck!  :)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, docc said:

Sure, we all know about the very few hundred of Rosso Mandello and Scura (600-700, respectively?). And less than two hundred Tenni (170?) Perhaps just slightly fewer Coppa Italia (150?).

But then it has been reported only 18 (of a planned 20?) V11 Scura R.  Are any of those models outside of Europe/ UK? Never exported to the USA?

3467.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The rarest V11 of all? Likely the V11 Playboy Exclusive Edition (EE).

Here it is at the 2003 Brussels Salon presented with Playmate Tanya Dexters . . .

gallery_25_20583.jpg

Was there ever more than one built?  Was it prepared by the factory? Where is it now?

And are there any other images from this photo shoot or presentation?

So not that I'm trying to undermine this particularly RARE an beautiful machine ......... Buy is the Scura R in factory livery pretty much a Coppa configuration with special red seat and pad with factory black finish (including valve covers) and decals.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ciao

4 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Odd that the Scura R pictured above has a gold (Rizoma??) handlebar instead of clip ons....was that stock on the R version?

Chuck...it looks like the chicken crossed the road right into your Scura and got stuck!  :)

3 hours ago, Twin AH said:

So not that I'm trying to undermine this particularly RARE an beautiful machine ......... Buy is the Scura R in factory livery pretty much a Coppa configuration with special red seat and pad with factory black finish (including valve covers) and decals.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ciao

So, that image is not entirely the factory configuration (looks like an added belly pan and maybe a Quat-D exhaust). Let me find one more representative image of the Scura R. 

scura.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So, yes, this is the Coppa Italia/ Café Sport configuration with handlebars and headlight/instruments frame mounted (unlike the 2002 Scura which is fork mounted). 

Anyone paying a premium for the V11 EE should insist on the stack of magazines that came with it…. :grin:

• Haha 1

My Scura R actually came from the Isle of Man 🇮🇲 - they were the last of the V11’s as production ended & were only allocated to European countries.

I once found the breakdown per country & as I recall there were 4 only allocated to the UK.

A few year’s back a forum member pm’d asking to buy mine - but I be like Charlton Heston! 🔫  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To my eyes, the Scura R (Scura Rossa?) is the most fantastic color combination. The Coppa a close second.

Somewhere here, I read that the lowly Ballabio was made in about 223 copies. But, in the Aprilia days they had so many flavors of the same ice cream that can any one actually be called 'mass production'?

• Like 1

Personally, I would prefer a "Chiara R"; chiara being the contrary of scura. All that is black in red, and all the red parts black.

I am not completely convinced by the color grey, somehow.

4 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

My Scura R actually came from the Isle of Man 🇮🇲 - they were the last of the V11’s as production ended & were only allocated to European countries.

I once found the breakdown per country & as I recall there were 4 only allocated to the UK.

A few year’s back a forum member pm’d asking to buy mine - but I be like Charlton Heston! 🔫  

Have you done the lap with it?

That is something I would certainly put on my bucket list...