Most rare V11 models: V11 Playboy Exclusive Edition?

docc

On 10/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, docc said:

I was thinking if anyone had that V11EE, it might be parked between a Riviera and an elephant-motor Mopar in some secret Norwegian location . . .

That would be IPA-time, indeed! :bier:

Tangent thread; circa 2001 I went to Stockholm, Sweden for two weeks. The first Saturday night we were walking towards downtown when I heard a familiar rumble. A few moments later a parade of a dozen or twenty American muscle cars rolled by like it was Woodward Avenue. I laughed out loud. Glorious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First time I’ve seen or heard of a V11 Sport TT. I assume that these were dealer created, and not supplied as such by the factory. 

1 hour ago, docc said:

I couldn't see where any of the badging says "TT."

Was it a US distributor special? Or are they in other parts of the world?

my money's on it being a factory special. All are likely late production 2001's. "What better way to use those extra black tanks when we're short of silver ones"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my opinion, this color combination doesn’t gel for me. Either the black or silver V11s look terrific as stock, but the black tank with silver side panels, seat cowl & fender doesn’t look “right” I suppose it doesn’t help having a sliver V11 as that’s what I’m comparing it to. All 3 factory red frame stock colors look “right” 

• Like 2

The V11 designer, Luciano Marabese, commented on this in his Anima Guzzista interview, 2002.

• "This one (and again points to the [Legnano green] V11 beyond the glass) was made with passion and is beautiful with this color and with the red frame. Ah, don't ask me for an opinion on the colors they did after it, okay? Or turn off the recorder ... You see, the Guzzi is also made of colors, traditions, spirit 'whoever doesn't understand this hasn't understood anything ... the motorcycle must be beautiful in its entirety, that codon there' (of new points the finger) when it is broken in two by a different color it loses its beauty."

( Others have found combined colors to their taste. )

• Like 2

In my original V11 search I also had one of those burgundy tank V11’s in the mix...

But in final analysis paid a premium exactly for the colour scheme!

Not that black paint with the redback 🕷 spider stripe, nor the seat colour... but overwhelmingly for that quality Öhlins gold!!