2004 V11 Ballabio Handle bars, Top Triple Plate, Handlebar Mounts - Wanted

PhillipLarsen

8 hours ago, PhillipLarsen said:

I checked the Lemans Triple plate currently installed, and it does have bosses on the bottom of the plate at about 14 cm apart (quite wide), but the top of the triple plate is not flat as it has a machined pocked over a substantial amount of the surface area and the step is about right in the middle of where the bosses are on the bottom. I would need to get some machining done to create a place where the risers could be installed and have a flat spot on the top and bottom.

I will keep my searches going for an OEM triple plate that will work without modification, and if cannot find one before spring, will order the Stein Dinze set up. 

Appreciate everyone suggestions.

I think the LSL risers accommodate the small (ca 1mm) pocket. I thought they have this increment (is this the correct word?).

https://www.lsl-online.nl/en/detail/2071085/superbike-kit-moto-guzi-moto-guzzi-v11-sport-silver.htm

Here a better picture of the parts in the kit.

120-M013.jpg

Thanks Motortouring, you are right the LSL riser kit looks like it would work with the spacers to fill in the machined pocket on the top of the plate. That gives the two options.

I think if I end up going non oem, I may still like the Stein Dinze upper plate better, with just the one piece all machined giving the cleaner look, even though about 65Euro more expensive. Either will work though.

Appreciate your help providing this information.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Phillip,

Looking through my stash of old parts I believe I have some of the hardware you require. These are from a 2000 V11 sport that was converted to bars above the tripleclamp like you are wanting to do. If these will help ,let me know.

Paul B

20211230_124023.jpg

20211230_124011.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello @paulnaz, sorry I had missed your reply back in December. I am just getting back to trying to change the bars back to original on the 2004 Ballabio.

Yes those look like the parts that I need if/when I find an original upper triple plate (GU01493180).

I would like to buy them from you if you may be willing to sell them, just for the case that I find an original Ballabio triple plate.

The Stein Dense upper triple plate is no longer available.

There is a LSL Super bike V11 Lemans kit to convert to one piece handle bars that will work. It is a plate that mounts on top of the existing triple plate that has the handlebars mounts on it, and shown previously I think, but the link shows it in black and they may have changed it slightly from the previous one shown.

If I cannot find an original Ballabio triple plate, I may end up going with the LSL plate adapter.

Link Superbike-Kit MOTO GUZZI V11 Sport schwarz LSL black Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans Le M | eBay

Thanks

Phillip

• Like 1

Hi Phillip,   no worries, I still have the parts and you can have them for the price of shipping. I have no idea how much that could be , so send me your post code  and I can get a rough price to Canada from here. No rush, when you figure out the plan, let me know.

Paul B:bier:

• Thanks 1

Hello Paul, that is great. My postal code is V6K 1B2 Vancouver BC. Thanks a lot. Usually by post is the most reasonable to Canada for small items.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Much thanks to @paulnaz for the parts to allow me to put original Ballabio bars back on my Ballabio which has Lemans top triple plate with Lemans Clip ons.

When done I will be able to switch back and forth between bar setups fairly quickly. Really appreciate the parts.

If anyone would have the two top parts that clamp the bars in place I am looking for those to complete the installation.

Thanks

Phillip

• Like 1