Nothing like tuning up your bike before track time...

Seems we just can't get enough of a great Guzzi. This one is done much more nicely than so many hatchet jobs out there. Would love to see it cross the scales.

• Like 1

And it’s nice to see a mechanic, that would be allowed to touch my bike.

Cheers Tom

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

And it’s nice to see a mechanic, that would be allowed to touch my bike.

Cheers Tom

I watched a few of his other videos, with other bikes, and he seems quite the guy.

Of course, he has a completely equipped workshop, including lathe, milling machine, TIG and what not.

I knew he was someone that could be trusted when he used torque wrenches.

I felt the same as you. This is the kind of guy I would have no problem asking for tutoring.

4 hours ago, po18guy said:

That mid-sump with the filter hanging off the back is intriguing.

I wonder if it's a spacer, it appears to have some kind of steel band around it and the cylinder/spacer on the rear appears to push the oil filter further back. The cylinder could be an extender to allow access to the filter with the fairing in situ.

Not saying it is this type but HMB do a similar type of spacer

https://hmb-guzzi.de/Oil-sump-extension-with-front-external-filter

Pretty sure they all do the same job, just depends how you like your oil filter oriented.

The HMB model has the advantage of taking less vertical space so would suit a full fairing.

The Harper on the other hand having the filter pointing downwards allows the filter to be prefilled during an oil change.

Personally I prefer the MotoSpezial deep Vee sump and outsider but in that model the filter sits out in front and lot of people dislike it fearing that debris from the front wheel would hole the filter (never happened to me yet). I think Guzziladen (as well as others) stocks them now.

300017650.jpg

There was also a rather nice deep sump made by a Swiss company that located the filter underneath, sort of like the broadsump setup. The difference being in the broadsump it's just hole, in the swiss model the filter was isolated, so if you removed the filter you didn't empty the sump, bit like this one

IMG_6483.jpg

• Thanks 2

Just mounted a GG pan on my green frame. The inside screen from the old pan was'nt a perfect fit, otherwise very nice.
Cheers Tom. 79a137491b553b0822c7830f6bd86daf.jpg62aaedad6bd35271843302e8251ab24f.jpg57d3832741563d3c7823ff04d5ed3874.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tks very much for posting info and photos on the different designs available, some very nice looking pieces of kit.

I went through the HMB information, it appears their sump extensions are available with the filter on the front or rear; they caution that the rear filter style will interfere with most crossovers, I can see that issue being a pain with most exhausts, they also mention requiring a new dipstick, possibly new markings on the oem dipstick would suffice, idk.

The long term wear and tear from most small road debris on a front mounted filter wouldn't really concern me.

It would be extremely unlikely, but an undetected failure of the ft filter on the road wouldn't be nice; but I think if the event was violent enough to poke a hole into the filter, you'd hopefully know about it.

• Like 1

No problem, I prefer the deep sumps to eliminate the spacer which I always felt was a bit of "Michael Mouse Engineering" the downside is they cost quite a bit more.

I really like the GG, just think it's a really nice well designed and beautiful item.

The MotoSpezial on the other hand has the Vee so the pickup is always covered no matter how stupid (or brave) you get and I believe it cools better too.

When I purchased mine a long time back I also opted for the optional site glass, which I love, no more messing with dipsticks.

Just wish somebody would make summit for the broadsumps, in the meantime, I'll soldier on with the Roper Plate

• Like 2