2002 LeMans for sale on FB in Hamilton, OH

Randy

• 3 weeks later...

A V11 is as solid as they come. 3,300 USD is really not much even for 44K miles.

The guy seems to be legit, based on the narrative. Seems like some of the accessories have been replaced; e.g. the Marzocchi forks by USD forks?

8 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Fork legs look stock to me. Price about right for the mileage.

I was reading the V11 models' prices were creeping up as it becomes a "collector"? less than the vintage models obviously.

But you are correct; I checked the prices in EUR, and although expressed in Euro, they are about that mark.

They will raise for sure, but that is not on my mind,   how coud you put a price on a V11 ? It is pure health just looking, thinking, dreaming, no price on health i heard.   Yes ai'm hit hard  :rasta:       1 V11 Le Mans for sale here now  Finn.no   $ 8400    47000miles.   My Nero Corsa ended up 10k+ $ ,was there any other for sale around, NO.   I say average price in Germany  5- 7000$ for decent V11.   For 3300$ - 3000 I woud have picked it up asap, I know ending up 5000$ finished.  I don't think Docc have any worries about how much his 1 owner 200k silver, with all paperwork is worth  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, I thought the same thing when I saw that bike for sale; if it's legit, in decent shape, good bargain.

The prices are rising on those in Canada, I'm guesstimating, with that mileage, it would list for at least 6-7+ up here.

fwiw

I'm only about an hour from this bike and have been tempted to go make an offer and take the luggage for my '03, clean this one up and sell it in the spring. In Ohio bikes don't sell for any real money this time of year, but in springtime people get The Fever...  It looks like it needs a lot of cleaning but otherwise all appears ok in the pics.

I would think that a V11 is always a good "investment". They will carry through times and remain praised for the years to come.

Those are "soul" bikes. They have a special spirit and will never be forgotten especially for such a short production span and run.

When internal combustion engines production ends, and it is coming sooner than later, the V11 will still stand tall!

• Like 3

I always wonder if a seller might also be a member here. This seller does not appear to be, but states he bought the bike earlier this year from the previous owner ("RIP").  I wonder where (even just what state) this bike came from. I have no fb acct, so no way to ask the seller . . .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, docc said:

I always wonder if a seller might also be a member here. This seller does not appear to be, but states he bought the bike earlier this year from the previous owner ("RIP").  I wonder where (even just what state) this bike came from. I have no fb acct, so no way to ask the seller . . .

I would think, if the seller is a member of this forum, he would post the bike in the "Classified" section here. Although this forum is somewhat aimed at those who already own a V11.

I found my Le Mans and then looked for an eventual owner's group. If I was to sell it, I would post it here first, and then on Cycle Trader.

• Like 1

I’m speculating here but a few details might fit. Chuck would know better. Terry Barnes was the MGNOC rep for Southern Ohio & used to have a breakfast meet first Saturday each month in Germantown just NE of Cincinnati & not too far from Hamilton. He passed away 1 year, 18 months ago. I know he had a champagne LeMans & that he wasn’t on this forum. Whilst he was a machinist / engineer / mechanic he wasn’t know for washing & detailing his LeMans 😁

Paging Dr Stottlemyer !

• Thanks 1