2002 LeMans for sale on FB in Hamilton, OH

Randy

I thought the same...could be Terry Whitakers bike.  He had a V11 Lemans & Centauro, lived in SW Ohio, passed a year or so ago.  I think $3300 is on the low side for that bike if it isn't too fubar.  Who knows if bags mounts are still available for those things and this one has them.

FWIW.......

SOUTHWEST OHIO MOTO GUZZI BREAKFAST UPDATE We have changed our breakfast meeting place and time. We will continue to meet on the 1st Saturday of the month, at 10:00 A.M. The new venue is: The Village Family Restaurant, 144 S. Main Street, Waynesville, Ohio. Terry Barnes will serve as contact person: Tom Rogers, 937-266-3971 or Terry Barnes, 937-287- 2851, oldmojo@yahoo.com. This may change down the road, or be supplemented should others want to pitch in.

Anyway, Happy Holidays y'all!

Art

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I haven't seen Terry on it for a long time.. but I only saw him at rallies. Probably his Cali bagger was a better 2 up bike for him and Maggie..

RIP, Terry.. you were a good guy.

• Like 1

Terry Barnes is listed as a contact for the SOUTHWEST OHIO MOTO GUZZI BREAKFAST so, I assume he is still with us but I know for sure Terry Whittaker is not.  That's all I know and I've never met Terry Barnes.

• Thanks 1

I joined the group back on October 4th, made one intro post, and then.... well, just forgot to check back in. I've been busy, with life and stuff. ;)

Yes, the bike in this discussion is mine. I'm Tom Witt. It did indeed belong to Terry Whitaker. Terry passed away last year. I did not know him personally, but we have several common friends. I bought both his V11 LeMans and his 164k-mile California (with gold plated valve covers) a few months ago, from Maggie. I also considered buying his yellow Centauro, but it had some minor issues that spooked me away at the time.

I've been contacted by several members from this group, through my Marketplace post and directly via email, I'm assuming mostly due to this thread.

I never did post this bike for sale here on the forum because.... well, that's gotta be about this most distasteful thing for a new forum user to do. Sign up and the first post is.... "Hey, I'm a new guy. Buy my bike!". :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, p6x said:

Seems like some of the accessories have been replaced; e.g. the Marzocchi forks by USD forks?

USD = Upside Down  ...moto shorthand lingo. :) 
Still has the original/factory forks.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:52 AM, nc43bsa said:

I need another bike like I need another hole in my head, but I'm intrigued by this one, especially at this price.

Are there any particular things to look out for on a 2002 LeMans?

On 11/25/2021 at 8:34 AM, fotoguzzi said:

Bubbling engine paint. Shift return spring.

I've not noticed any engine paint bubbling. My past observations with other V11's, is that commonly happens on the valve covers, doesn't it? I see no bubbling on the valve covers either. It DOES have cracked/flaking paint on the red porkchops though. I was going to replace them with a nicer silver set that I had in my possession, but the longer I've owned it, the less it seems to bother me, and I still like the red.

I'm not aware of any shift return spring issue(s).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, witttom said:

USD = Upside Down  ...moto shorthand lingo. :) 
Still has the original/factory forks.

Ah, USD is the official USDollar currency moniker. Acronyms can be misleading.

• Like 1

Hola, compadres and witttom (Tom, I emailed you from central PA a day or two ago).

I am the owner of Tenni #112.  I love #112.  She's the one bike I own that I will never sell.  Only problem is, in my view, she's priceless; so I'm reluctant to cane her too hard, or to turn her over too far in a turn, or to leave her in the parking lot at work.  She's not perfect (not a low miles example and not devoid of imperfections, nor do I need her to be).  But, I've always thought it would be nice to have a second Lemans; one that could do those things I won't do with #112.  Also thought it would be nice to have a parts bike in reserve.  As to the latter, a couple questions:

1) I believe the "champagne" Lemans shares the same tank color as the Tenni.  Is this true?

2) I can't tell whether the "pork chops" on the '02 champagne Lemans are painted red or the anodized red like on the Tenni.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

Cheers,

Frey

• Like 2

I am thinking the champagne is unique to that 2002 year/model V11 and the Tenni's tank is more of a satin silver-grey (?)

20170606-2002-moto-guzzi-v11-lemans-tenn

MOTO-GUZZI-V11-Le-Mans-Tenni-1154_6.jpg&

2002 LeMans & Tenni frame side plate finish: same, yes? (The 2002 Scura frame side plates look painted red like the RedFrame Sport?)

IMG_8950.jpg.6c15a5ae40819a9177cc159a66e