2002 LeMans for sale on FB in Hamilton, OH

Randy

Thanks, Docc.  I think those colors look pretty close in the photos.  I always thought my Tenni's tank was a tad toward gold rather than straight silver.  Could it be the same color as champagne, but satin on the Tenni and gloss on the standard Lemans?

23 hours ago, FreyZI said:

Thanks, Docc.  I think those colors look pretty close in the photos.  I always thought my Tenni's tank was a tad toward gold rather than straight silver.  Could it be the same color as champagne, but satin on the Tenni and gloss on the standard Lemans?

I don't think so. But there are others here who have more personal experience.

• Like 1

I've always felt that the Tenni tank color and sheen was a representation of unpolished aluminum from the old racers, since the theme pays commemorative homage to them. I don't see gold in my tank but I've never seen a Champagne in real life. Would love to get a side by side view

• Like 1

JMO, but I love the way @witttom's "champagne" LeMans stays largely true to Luciano Marabese's monochromatic design statement while the choice of black elements allows the main bodywork to resemble a (champagne) fireball with a flame trail . . .

243331360_10161203568069377_443413787122

So elegant. As if it had something like this in mind --->

$_131.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

Thanks for addressing these questions, all.  See what you're saying, Docc, about the monochromatic fireball; though the V11 colorway I've always admired is the 2002 Sport Naked with the pale greenish-gold tank.  I've not seen one of those for sale in a long, long time.

gallery_25_8379.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, Randy said:

I've been a bit overwhelmed with recent inquiries on this bike, many of which who are not Facebook/Marketplace users. I would assume this forum thread is likely the reason why. To save some potential buyers some time, and to ease the email/message load on myself, I'm going to call this a sorta-kinda most-likely Sale Pending. I didn't want to call it Sale Pending until I knew it was a sure thing, but... after consulting with the most-likely future owner who will remain anonymous for now.... I think we both have agreed that we can call it that. We plan to make it official and work our transportation logistics after the New Year. I appreciate the interest. If for some crazy reason this deal falls through, I will let the group know.

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Finalized the sale and handed the LeMans over to the new owner this morning.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't reluctant in letting it go. This is one I'll probably regret.

272262484_10161451058299377_7180107300877640847_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

That really honors our late member twhitaker, RIP.  -_-

Thanks for the update, @witttom. Good on you, man. :thumbsup:

Don't be a stranger, and I hope the new owner knows how welcoming we are. :mg::drink:B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, docc said:

Don't be a stranger, and I hope the new owner knows how welcoming we are. :mg::drink:B)

New owner is in this thread. ;) 

• Thanks 1

There just are not any "classified ads" like this, anywhere . . .

Page one: member @Randy (South'nSpineRaider) posts a random CL ad.  (Comment and concern follow).

Page two: We discover the passing of our longtime member :

:notworthy:  twhitaker  

photo-thumb-197.jpg

Page three: This V11LeMans finds a new home and our honorable @witttom respects us with the outcome . . .

[edit: same page @FreyZI chimes in and invites us to join his new venture!] :thumbsup:

272262484_10161451058299377_7180107300877640847_n.jpg

:mg:

• Like 5

Hello, all.

twhitaker's old champagne V11 lemans has arrived at its new home in Happy Valley, Pennsylvania; stable mates with Tenni #112, a G5, and a couple Beemers (the F800GS being the odd duck of the bunch).

Many thanks to Tom Witt who went above and beyond in:

1) Letting this process drag out over a month while we navigated the holiday season and other priorities

2) Traveling a couple hours east to deliver the bike to my waiting trailer

3) Providing extra bits, a brand new, still wrapped front tire and even retrieving a nice set of prok chops he'd already parted with (to a local friend who was apparently willing to part with them himself) to sweeten the deal a bit

It will take me some time figure out what I purchased, and I will start a new thread where I can take advantage of all the knowledge -- and good humor (I'm going to need it -- this bike is pretty rough) -- of the community.:mg:

Cheers,

Frey

20220122_170800.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Hi Frey,

Hey, maybe someday we'll see you rumble into a MG rally on your new V11 Lemans like Terry used to......with Maggie on the back dressed in black leather head to toe.  I don't think any of us would expect you to bring Maggie.  Anyway, great to know who got the V11, good for you, enjoy it!

Art

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1