1100 Sport

NM-1

Greetings from New Mexico. In the market for a 1100 Sport.

I've had quite a few MV Agusta's, several Benelli's including a Tornado Tre LE. Now it's time for a MG.

Paul

Good luck with the hunt, @NM-1 !

Looking for the earliest Sport 1100 with carburetors (1995-96)? Or the 1100 Sport-i, fuel injected, version of that model (1996-97)?

th?id=OIP.ekQOwwZd5TacP09n3SZB8AHaGC%26p

Or even on the later V11 Sport (1999-2004) with the 1100 motor?

moto-guzzi-v11-sport-2000-10.jpg&f=1&nof

Good question. At this rate I'd take any 1100 Sport (maybe carbs over FI?). I've had some issue here with my Benelli FI system (currently open loop) and the altitude. Hard to find a happy medium with the system as I live at 5K and ride up to 10K or so. Not to say carbs would not have issues either.

I have some interest in a V11 (would love to get a Gheezi-Brian kit for one) but would like to try my luck on a Sport first.

Paul

• Like 1

Brad's Sport looks very nice.  Rode with him in Arkansas a few years ago.   I bought his Greenie about 10 years ago and it's set up right to run, handlebars, PC, slip-ons and airbox mod, bike runs strong....I've posted my stories about the transmission bracket and voltage regulator, not his issue.  Many miles later.

Brad and Chuck know their stuff.  If you want a Guzzi that's straightened out to run right, those guys are best.

Brad also had a good running Griso.  

I'd jump on any of Brad's bikes.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, John. Yes, The Kid is a really talented mechanic/painter/Guzzi enthusiast.

12 hours ago, NM-1 said:

Is he selling it? Member here I assume?

Yeah, he told me he has had his fun with it, and wants to build an antique.. maybe a Falcone. No, he doesn't do forums. It's totally sorted and is a strong runner.  Here's a picture I found.

20160803_154423.jpg

• Like 4

After NM-1 finds his 1100 sport, I'm looking for another nice 1100 sport my self. Please let me know if there's another one available.