New LeMans (woohoo!) question about tire pressure

Guest Brent

Hey everyone, I just brought my new LeMans home yesterday. :wub: Feels great already, but I can't wait to get past the 5000RPM limit during break-in.

Being the responsible MC owner :rolleyes: I scanned through my owner's manual last night and came across a measurement for tire pressure that was given in bars. So I called my dealer and asked what the conversion to PSI would be, and he said to just make the front 36 and the rear 42. I wasn't sure about this, so I found the conversion (1 bar = 14.5 PSI) and came up with 33 front and 36 rear (2-up riding).

I'm inclined to take Guzzi's recommendation, but I'm curious to know what you all do, and whether it's better to run with a higher pressure?

I run 34 front and 36 rear. Currently running Metzler M1 Sportecs. I would venture to say that my tire gauge is not sufficiently accurate to set the pressure more than +/- 2 psi, but whatever I'm at, the tires perform well. A whole lot better than last Tuesday at 1:00 A.M. when my patched rear tire unpatched itself and I limped home on a twisty road in the hills with 20 psi in the rear and a grass fire raging alongside of the road. Made for an interesting commute. That prompted the switch to the M1's. I can't complain. I got 1500 miles on the patch. As an aside, the V11S has an excellent headlight. I do 55 miles on the way home at midnight and this is the best headlight I've had on a bike for a long while.

Guest HI-TECH-CHECK

You just "gotta" love that owners manual :lol:

I have already high-lighted the english columns so I don't go mad trying to keep a thought process going. :wacko:

I have been running 38psi frt and 40psi rear