Whats people’s opinion on this supposedly in production during 2022. 1000 cc liquid cooled, 130 BHP….

E9571AAF-AB17-47C2-9078-01F83CB2A9B6.jpeg

That's a tough question for me. I would have to see it in the flesh and, I'm no longer in the market for that size and type of motorcycle. 'In photos' it speaks "Japanese" to me and I mean that in the good way, as in - well engineered quality. Keeping in mind I haven't studied it's technical aspects other than the general description. What stands out that I don't care for is it's generic sport standard appearance while not evoking a bit more of the familiar Guzzi passion. I suppose that will come with production of different variations. I also don't care for the monocoque style bodywork. Maybe passion will reveal itself as innovation and QC, which makes me hopeful for MG. They need a resurgence, models and configurations that make the most of Guzzi's unique and gorgeous trademark motor design. A high point in the last gasp for combustion air. Maybe this bike is the basis.

• Like 3

It's growing on me, like it in the sort of  Tenni green. D will testride. Wondering about the motor caracter.  Pretty wheels. Muffler has good proportions, meaning looks right.   D prettier than my rain deer.  Wondering, juice for the start relay, through the ign switch? Can never beet the look of a V11.  It would be like a every day bike, rain or shine.  Wish Moto Guzzi.good  luck with it, even if it's not for me. Called a dealer, rumors says production sep 22.    

Cheers Tom.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, stewgnu said:

if the starter current doesn’t route thru the wheel bearings it’s not a guzzi.

Actually, the upgraded option is to route it thru the handlebars!  Sparky!!

I like the looks of the bike a lot, will definitely want to ride it when it comes out.

• Like 3

130HP?  My goodness, it gains 10HP after every thread.  That thing better crank to 12k to get that much power.

Actually it looks like a pretty nice bike.   I'm not that enamored with the styling.  Funny, the V-11 Sport brought back so much of the retro styling with the round headlight, look at the 9T Beemer and so many that have copied the V11.   Now we get a Guzzi that looks like a Honda.  It might look a lot better in person.

For sure I'll be looking for it and try to get a test ride.  My Ducati pretty much filled the space for that kind of bike and I'd have a hard time parting with it for this one despite the extra 20HP claimed for the Guzzi.  :rasta:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

130HP?  My goodness, it gains 10HP after every thread. 

Claimed power and claims in general. There is a formula to estimate power output. I do not have that, but imagine 95-100HP at about 8-8.5K with a redline about 9K or so.

Seasoned Americans will remember the hyperbolic J.C. Whitney auto parts/accessories catalogs of the 1960s. They were chock full of gizmos and doodads that were "claimed" to add HP, increase mileage, or usually both.  Back in the day, some friends and I used the example of an air-cooled VW bug. By adding on everything that would fit, we managed to pump that theoretical bug up to around 600HP. And, fuel mileage was so exceptional that one would have to stop at service stations regularly to drain excess fuel from the tank.

Claims are like smoke rings - intriguing to behold, but gone as soon as they appear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Tomchri said:

It's growing on me, like it in the sort of  Tenni green. D will testride. Wondering about the motor caracter.  Pretty wheels. Muffler has good proportions, meaning looks right.   D prettier than my rain deer.  Wondering, juice for the start relay, through the ign switch? Can never beet the look of a V11.  It would be like a every day bike, rain or shine.  Wish Moto Guzzi.good  luck with it, even if it's not for me. Called a dealer, rumors says production sep 22.    

Cheers Tom.

Considering they have a running, rideable versions already I'd expect production to start sooner than that. It'll be a long wait for me if they don't start till Sep 22 as I won't buy anything before it's been in production for a few years.

Ciao  

I mean, the image in the original post is about as bad of a representation as there is. A closer look through the several quality promotional and walk-around videos reveal some intriguing contours and transitions in the design. The green/grey with the Öhlins looks particularly nice (over the monochromatic red).

I have been relieved that it did not follow the worn-out floating panel design trying to look like a GS or KTM wannabe.

Looking forward to getting eyes (and ears, and boots) on one!

1631806648_Moto-Guzzi-V100-Mandello-laer

• Like 2
2 hours ago, po18guy said:

Claimed power and claims in general. There is a formula to estimate power output. I do not have that, but imagine 95-100HP at about 8-8.5K with a redline about 9K or so.

Seasoned Americans will remember the hyperbolic J.C. Whitney auto parts/accessories catalogs of the 1960s. They were chock full of gizmos and doodads that were "claimed" to add HP, increase mileage, or usually both.  Back in the day, some friends and I used the example of an air-cooled VW bug. By adding on everything that would fit, we managed to pump that theoretical bug up to around 600HP. And, fuel mileage was so exceptional that one would have to stop at service stations regularly to drain excess fuel from the tank.

Claims are like smoke rings - intriguing to behold, but gone as soon as they appear.

I agree with your calculus.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like it. Still oddball. Still Guzzi. I love how the exhaust exits the jugs from the bottom instead of the front. I can see why they did it but it still looks cool. But I'm waiting for a roadster/naked version. 

• Like 2

All bets are off regarding future models. If any road-going Guzzi has sporting potential, this is certainly at the top of the list. The name Le Mans is so historic, has such marketing power, and is so tied in with Guzzi that it could be the brand name almost by itself.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, po18guy said:

All bets are off regarding future models. If any road-going Guzzi has sporting potential, this is certainly at the top of the list. The name Le Mans is so historic, has such marketing power, and is so tied in with Guzzi that it could be the brand name almost by itself.

Apparently, this model is the V100 Mandello. A safe introductory name without any previous model for comparison, yet with significant historical provenance well beyond the LeMans model.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, po18guy said:

You to have the look, design and everything  in your head, and performance to . Still v happy having a spine.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

I do note that the coil-on-plug covers are not just a styling element; they are now also part of the aero package.

Quite right as to the name. I guess "Stornello", "Lecco" or "Resinelli"  just didn't have that certain ring to them. 

• Haha 1