MV Agusta Salute to Moto Guzzi

4corsa

In case you didn't see this - a very nice letter from MV Agusta to Moto Guzzi commemorating their 100 years. Great stuff.82ae4def2a5a453925af8d03810007aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, 4corsa said:

In case you didn't see this - a very nice letter from MV Agusta to Moto Guzzi commemorating their 100 years. Great stuff.82ae4def2a5a453925af8d03810007aa.jpg

It's a nice letter but the MV of today has zero connection to the MV of the past with exception of the name. So the side by side historical building of an industry is a bit of an overreach considering the modern MV has only been around for about 23 years or so. MV marketing taking the opportunity to bathe in a bit of reflected glory me thinks.

Ciao 

• Like 3

I love the idea of MV Agusta. I love the helicopter connection. The Agostini, Hailwood, and Magni connections There have been modern MV Agusta I've lusted after. But they scare me. My Moto Guzzi just pesters and annoys me, but doesn't scare me.

2016-MV-Agusta-Turismo-Veloce-800a.jpg&f

The artful little street singles of the late fifties into the sixties are also delightful, to my eye. Easy to agree that today's MV Agusta is not what it was in the days of The Count

th?id=OIP.xaGe1GXxL-4sSTo_ufLYIAHaE7%26p

Can Moto Guzzi be said to be that much the same as the days of Carlo and Ing, Carcano?

• Like 2

Manufacturers go through different phases - often times choosing less desirable routes just to survive. We all love the glory days of Guzzi and MV legends of the 50s - 70s. But I'm also glad they are still here today (unlike Laverda and others). I don't think the current state for either marque is the final one, and am hopeful for more glory days for both.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

It's a nice letter but the MV of today has zero connection to the MV of the past with exception of the name. So the side by side historical building of an industry is a bit of an overreach considering the modern MV has only been around for about 23 years or so. MV marketing taking the opportunity to bathe in a bit of reflected glory me thinks.

Ciao 

Agreed... but it takes passion to revive a brand, and the new owners do show respect for the legacy, despite their specious claim. Same story for Triumph and Indian.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scud said:

Agreed... but it takes passion to revive a brand, and the new owners do show respect for the legacy, despite their specious claim. Same story for Triumph and Indian.

Yep. I've owned 3 MV's remember and I wish sorely I still had my 1000F4, the first model with the TIG welded frame. It was a thing of beauty and an engineers delight with the bodywork off. It lived in my lounge room next to the sofa.

Royal Enfield are another company which has legitimate claims to it's 120 year history I think. Thankfully the Indians had the need for cheap and easy to make robust  engineering to keep the production rolling along. The new bike is very very good, not fast but a very enjoyable ride none the less. 

Ciao 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

I'd love to see a "modern retro" Disco Volante in say 400cc and 15k rpm for under $ 12,000..... ah the stuff of dreams...

Disco Volante! Dolce amore !
gallery_328_223_770677.jpg
gallery_328_223_417391.jpeg

• Like 1