EICMA 2021

docc

Here, in Moto Guzzi's centenary, there has been much anticipation, discussion, and hopefulness about the direction the company is going and what the current ownership has planned for this impressive, and pressing, time.

EICMA, in Milano, has long been the venue of introductory products and vision for Moto Guzzi (among others). With no EICMA 2020, this year is even more important to present this vision and direction to Guzzisti, and to the world.

So, next week: EICMA 2021 !

Please share your links and images and comments here! I am so very hoping our man on the scene, @v11_meticcio, will have first hand reports for us!

:mg:

• Like 7

Per l'occasione c'è anche un'iniziativa di The Clan

L’AQUILA TORNA IN PRESENZA!

EICMA torna a Milano Rho-Fiera dal 25 al 28 novembre
e Moto Guzzi non vuole mancare!
Noi membri di The Clan siamo ufficialmente invitati al Padiglione 18P - Stand E76 per festeggiare l’ultimo capitolo del Centenario 2021 e cominciare insieme il cammino verso il 2121 con un grande evento: il lancio al pubblico dell'attesissima V100 Mandello!
Per chi tra noi ha già una Moto Guzzi registrata sulla community, l’appuntamento è presso lo shop nell’area MotoLive, angolo padiglione 18 - tessera The Clan alla mano - per approfittare di un vantaggio esclusivo sull’abbigliamento e il merchandising ufficiale dell’Aquila!

EICMA returns to Milan Rho-Fiera from 25 to 28 November and Moto Guzzi doesn't want to miss it! We members of The Clan are officially invited to Hall 18P - Stand E76 to celebrate the last chapter of the Centenary 2021 and begin together the journey towards 2121 with a great event: the public launch of the highly anticipated V100 Mandello! For those of us who already have a Moto Guzzi registered on the community, the appointment is at the shop in the MotoLive area, corner of pavilion 18 - The Clan card in hand - to take advantage of an exclusive advantage on clothing and official merchandising of the Eagle!

• Thanks 1

Can anybody really think of anything more embarrassing than wishing to have a 'Card' that has to be shown to indicate you are a member of a business sponsored advertising program called a 'Clan'?

It is so monstrously cringeworthy it deserves a triple facepalm in a darkened room! Do these people have no dignity to loose?

Just looking at the awful 'Presentations' used in early 'Clan' promotions made me feel soiled and my gorge rise. How dreadful can it possibly get?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pete roper said:

Can anybody really think of anything more embarrassing than wishing to have a 'Card' that has to be shown to indicate you are a member of a business sponsored advertising program called a 'Clan'?

It is so monstrously cringeworthy it deserves a triple facepalm in a darkened room! Do these people have no dignity to loose?

Just looking at the awful 'Presentations' used in early 'Clan' promotions made me feel soiled and my gorge rise. How dreadful can it possibly get?

How dreadful?  As bad as having more than one Apple product, wearing Levi Jeans despite their markup, buying coffee from a cafe that writes your name on the cardboard cup, joining a one make bike club - do you dump those people if you change your bike?  Yeah it can get even more dreadful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

So when does this show start and is there more Guzzi stuff than the V100?

The show begins November 23rd, ends November 28th;

If I am correct, the first day(s) are reserved and not open to the public.

Moto Guzzi's main event will be the V100; however, there will certainly be some other variations on the usual V7.

• Like 1

Here is the Moto.it link to everything there is to know about EICMA:

The first two days, 23rd is only for the Press, and the 24th for Press and Professionals; from 25th to 28th to everybody.

We should get some V100 and other Guzzi feed-back from the 23rd, hopefully price and availability.

• Thanks 1

We still don't know much about the V100 Mandello, that was not divulged during the initial presentation.

Here's the article on Moto.it.

The two retrievable deflectors are said to minimize the wind buffeting around the pilot. For the rest, no price, no availability schedule.

The two motorbikes at EICMA are not production models.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:35 AM, pete roper said:

Well here, 'clan' carries only a little baggage, particularly if you grew up around any UK communities. 
I'll give them latitude for being Italians.

clan (n.)
"a family, a tribe," especially, among the Highlanders of Scotland, a form of social organization consisting of a tribe holding land in common under leadership of a chieftain, early 15c., from Gaelic clann "family, stock, offspring," akin to Old Irish cland "offspring, tribe," both from Latin planta "offshoot" (see plant (n.)).

The Goidelic branch of Celtic (including Gaelic) had no initial p-, so it substituted k- or c- for Latin p-. The same Latin word in (non-Goidelic) Middle Welsh became plant "children."

• Like 1