EICMA 2021

docc

1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

Well here, 'clan' carries only a little baggage, particularly if you grew up around any UK communities. 
I'll give them latitude for being Italians.

clan (n.)
"a family, a tribe," especially, among the Highlanders of Scotland, a form of social organization consisting of a tribe holding land in common under leadership of a chieftain, early 15c., from Gaelic clann "family, stock, offspring," akin to Old Irish cland "offspring, tribe," both from Latin planta "offshoot" (see plant (n.)).

The Goidelic branch of Celtic (including Gaelic) had no initial p-, so it substituted k- or c- for Latin p-. The same Latin word in (non-Goidelic) Middle Welsh became plant "children."

Clan was, is, the brand name chosen for a popular pipe tobacco in Europe.

I found an old commercial which would not be politically correct today....

"Pipe" pronounced "peep" in French has another meaning...

Clan pub

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another review, with more details (unfortunately in French, but google automated subtitles should help...

This one is funny, because the two journalists get kicked off the V100, and got told to put on their masks...

They end the presentation by getting mad at Moto Guzzi..... lol....

• Like 1

Finally, some information on availability; Summer 2022. Prices are still being worked on.

Activate the subtitles and choose "Auto-Translate" English. It is actually quite good.

The Piaggio manager explains that Moto Guzzi wanted to combine the current market's orientation favoring Adventure bikes, and at the same time trying to preserve the strong Moto Guzzi identity.

All models will have adaptative aerodynamics according to the ride mode selected, with up to 22% better protection with the lateral appendixes fully deployed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I knew I could count on you guys! Keep the EICMA reveals coming!  :mg:

Thank you for focusing the EICMA posting on this thread. :thumbsup:

[FWIW, I love this bike! I cannot wait to see/hear/ride one! The sound in the posted videos is delightful. V100Mandello will be most welcome at the South'n Spine Raid! :mg: . . . . ]

The pegs appear to be almost far enough back. For me. Good thing it does not breathe through those gills, else it would be called the V100 Mackerel.

• Haha 2

I (might) have one more new Guzzi in my moto-harem before I hang up my spurs.  I deem this worthy.  :notworthy:

The Chief, Domestic Operations & CFO has given tentative approval!  :grin:  But, we shall see how much the new beast weighs wet and some info on its COG.

I would, of course, get the red, so that is that.  Besides, my riding skills or lack would never exploit the Ohlins and I suspect the stock setup is fine enough.

Bill

• Like 7

Just for a little change of scenery, here's Royal Enfield.....

I kind of liked the Red one, I think it is called the Continental GT? at 4:40 in the video.

• Like 2

I thought I spotted a "retro" looking Triumph twin in a military-style green livery that got my attention . . .

This thread is about EICMA, not just Moto Guzzi. So, thanks for posting your favorites!

12 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

I (might) have one more new Guzzi in my moto-harem before I hang up my spurs.  I deem this worthy.  :notworthy:

The Chief, Domestic Operations & CFO has given tentative approval!  :grin:  But, we shall see how much the new beast weighs wet and some info on its COG.

I would, of course, get the red, so that is that.  Besides, my riding skills or lack would never exploit the Ohlins and I suspect the stock setup is fine enough.

Bill

The one advantage of these Ohlins, is they automatically set according to the ride mode selected, and factors the presence, or not of the Chief Domestic Operation & CFO as the pillion. This is kind of neat. From what existing users say, the Ohlins system works flawlessly.

Also, having a quick shifter is nice, and from what I understood, hoping I am wrong, this is reserved to the "Green" one.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, docc said:

I thought I spotted a "retro" looking Triumph twin in a military-style green livery that got my attention . . .

This thread is about EICMA, not just Moto Guzzi. So, thanks for posting your favorites!

Well, a lot of the videos are about the usual suspects. You can infer that in the above video, not many people seemingly interested at the Royal Enfield motorbikes.

Here's Triumph, with some of the neo-retro bikes... I always was more Norton than Triumph.... although I liked the Street EC1!