EICMA 2021

docc

2 hours ago, docc said:

The Royal Enfields are looking very fine!

Notice how all the manufacturers have bikes on bolt down stands which is the "norm" for obvious reason at these kind of shows, except the new Guzzi. Just there on workshop stands! Somewhat risky.

Ciao

10 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Notice how all the manufacturers have bikes on bolt down stands which is the "norm" for obvious reason at these kind of shows, except the new Guzzi. Just there on workshop stands! Somewhat risky.

Ciao

And if you watched the video made by the French journalists, they get scolded for having dared to hop on the Red?

13 hours ago, docc said:

The Royal Enfields are looking very fine!

Last night, I watched multiple reviews of the Continental GT, and it is not as good as it looks, but then again, for 7K USD....

The long term review from UK stated the brakes are acceptable; the gear box is full of false neutrals initially, tends to get better with breaking in; suspensions also are only acceptable; major complaint about the inaccuracy of the fuel gauge.

This was a 2021 model. I think our V11 are still in the clear, from a long way off....

• Like 1

A small recap from Moto.it about the important new Motorcycles seen in EICMA; V100 Mandello one of them...

Today the exhibition is opened to the public, you can see there are a lot more people...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, p6x said:

Last night, I watched multiple reviews of the Continental GT, and it is not as good as it looks, but then again, for 7K USD....

The long term review from UK stated the brakes are acceptable; the gear box is full of false neutrals initially, tends to get better with breaking in; suspensions also are only acceptable; major complaint about the inaccuracy of the fuel gauge.

This was a 2021 model. I think our V11 are still in the clear, from a long way off....

I own an Interceptor 650 and the gearbox complaints are rubbish, as it's a very good gearbox. Suspension is average but acceptable on a "value" bike and the complaints about the fuel gauge are from old duffers with their first or only new bike in 40 years that expect modern car fuel gauge performance from a budget bike or any bike for that matter.

99% of reviews on the 650's are glowing ( not that I put a lot of faith in that) and that's why they are one of the best selling bikes world wide. 

The parts that they have obviously cut corners on the budget are the things that are easily replaceable by the owner like mirrors, levers, indicators etc. 

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, p6x said:

And if you watched the video made by the French journalists, they get scolded for having dared to hop on the Red?

Thats why I mentioned it. Guzzi apparently aren't smart enough to bring proper display stands to a bloody motorcycle show and need to shoo people off the bikes. A bike show display where you can't sit on the bikes, brilliant.

Ciao 

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Thats why I mentioned it. Guzzi apparently aren't smart enough to bring proper display stands to a bloody motorcycle show and need to shoo people off the bikes. A bike show display where you can't sit on the bikes, brilliant.

Ciao 

I think we have to remember that Piaggio is now holding the reins of Moto Guzzi;

Scolding the very people who are showing off your bikes? what a hoot!

I am really not impressed by Piaggio's handling;

besides, we were supposed to get a lot more information at EICMA, and we got nothing new of substance.

The two bikes shown are the prototypes they already presented.

Availability summer 2022, but no details on options, of course no pricing and  no idea when the production bikes going to be available for test riding.

Not what I would expect from a company like Piaggio.

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I own an Interceptor 650 and the gearbox complaints are rubbish, as it's a very good gearbox. Suspension is average but acceptable on a "value" bike and the complaints about the fuel gauge are from old duffers with their first or only new bike in 40 years that expect modern car fuel gauge performance from a budget bike or any bike for that matter.

99% of reviews on the 650's are glowing ( not that I put a lot of faith in that) and that's why they are one of the best selling bikes world wide. 

The parts that they have obviously cut corners on the budget are the things that are easily replaceable by the owner like mirrors, levers, indicators etc. 

Ciao 

I can live without an accurate fuel gauge, I have spent most of my time on bikes without anything but a two position fuel petcock.

What matters to me are the brakes...

17 minutes ago, p6x said:

I can live without an accurate fuel gauge, I have spent most of my time on bikes without anything but a two position fuel petcock.

What matters to me are the brakes...

The brakes on the RE are adequate even 2 up. They have ABS as well of course. I one or two 2 finger brake on everything I own and the RE is no exception. I just need to use more lever pressure on it. I never even use the rear brakes for stopping on any of my bikes. As with HP on modern bikes brakes are somewhat the same, a fair bit more than the average rider can utilise. A friend of mine and ex national A grade racer rides a basic Ducati 750 Sport from about 20 years ago that he's had from brand new. We used to ride together all the time, him 2 up with his wife and me solo, him always leading because he was faster than me even 2 up. The Sport was a single front disk bike and he said a few times he couldn't understand how all the road testers of the day complained about the lack of braking power from the single disk. This guy was an A grade road racer back in the day and competed in a few Castrol 6 hour racers. I like the power of a modern brake set up on my 1198 Ducati but it's way more than is needed on the road and sometimes can get you into trouble as it has a LOT of initial bite. You grab at the brakes in a panic and it's the brakes that will have you down the road before the actual situation.

Ciao       

• Like 1

More info...

(do yourself a favour & view some of these YouTube video’s on your large screen hi-def TV - I have to admit when you do that the V100 looks awesome! - & sounds great for a stock factory exhaust) 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1