EICMA 2021

docc

10 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

More info...

(do yourself a favour & view some of these YouTube video’s on your large screen hi-def TV - I have to admit when you do that the V100 looks awesome! - & sounds great for a stock factory exhaust) 😅

I have an HD Apple TV connected to my 4K HDR display, and a proper sound system.

The V100 Mandello sounds too good to be true! keep in mind these two are still prototypes. Not even pre-series;

Whatever we are listening to may be deceptive.

• Like 1

Some other Guzzi bikes, and at 09:50', the V7 Fast Endurance, with a Guareschi kit.

To participate to a Moto Guzzi organized set of races... not bad looking, what do you think?

• Thanks 1

I have to mention the Speed Triple 1200 RR here...

The overall look reminds me of the Le Mans, and I have always been a big fan of three cylinder engines since the Mach III appeared in 1969.

Love at first sound!

I thought the Triumph triple would sound the same, but the loud whistling of the air intake killed it for me...

The 1200 RR seems to be better in that department...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, p6x said:

Some other Guzzi bikes, and at 09:50', the V7 Fast Endurance, with a Guareschi kit.

To participate to a Moto Guzzi organized set of races... not bad looking, what do you think?

Nice walk-around the Guzzi display! Thanks, @p6x :thumbsup:

At about 12:00, viewing the final model in the video (V85TT in Claudio Torri livery), a Legnano green Aprilia is seen longingly looking on from afar  . . .

And it seems what we call "Tenni green" has become referred to as the "centenary colors" . . . :mg:

The "850" on the tank decal of the V7 Special looks pox. The rest of the bike looks nice but having "850" emblazoned on the tank decal is a styling mistake in my mind. It makes it look like the graphics were designed by a scooter stylist. Leave the capacity moniker for the side cover. Maybe it was styled by the moron at Guzzi that did the 1400 tank cutouts.

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

The "850" on the tank decal of the V7 Special looks pox. The rest of the bike looks nice but having "850" emblazoned on the tank decal is a styling mistake in my mind. It makes it look like the graphics were designed by a scooter stylist. Leave the capacity moniker for the side cover. Maybe it was styled by the moron at Guzzi that did the 1400 tank cutouts.

Ciao

I can agree with the tank saying 850.. Kind of a bit much. Should of been more subtle.. Maybe on the V7 emblem put 850 or maybe on the bar clamp or on the guages for the occasional rider that needs to be reminded of how many CCs their bike has.. 

• Like 1

The second to last bike, the "V7 Fast Endurance" seems like another step towards re-introducing the LeMans badge. It's got Ohlins twin shocks, and the fairing seems inspired by LeMans 1 with the orange accent.

But it also has those ugly number plates on both sides of the tail like the V7 Racer.

• Like 2

V7 Fast Endurance

1. Not fast.

2. Endurance? Set a high goal at least.

3. Gold shocks do not run with cheap forks.

4. Fairly screams "parts bin"

5. How about "V7 LeMans Poseur"?

1 hour ago, docc said:

Hard to argue with the "Best of Show" . . .

th?id=OIP.L059TZN0taLtP8mEHKHIRwHaFj%26p

They aren't as nice in the flesh docc. One of those bikes that looks better in images than in real life. Looks a bit "weird" in the showroom. The headlight and front fairing style will be a transient thing I think. Triumph have copied it I see.

Ciao  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

They aren't as nice in the flesh docc. One of those bikes that looks better in images than in real life. Looks a bit "weird" in the showroom. The headlight and front fairing style will be a transient thing I think. Triumph have copied it I see.

Ciao  

I have found this "image vs real life" so true of the Moto Guzzi. So many that have looked enticing to me in images, let me down when actually seen. And the opposite: Guzzi that did not appeal to me in images, but I found spectacular standing next to.

I am very curious where the V100 Mandello lands.  Historically, Moto Guzzi can easily take three years to make a model available this far from Lago di Como.  The V11 Sport was shown at EICMA 1997 in a similar state of development as this V100 Mandello. I was finally able to buy mine in August, 2000. Perhaps Piaggio Group has this better around these days. We shall see!

@docc Not this one...

The best of the show are the "AGO" serie; only 311 made based on the 311 victories of the legend, the first 15 having a specific dedication to one of the 15 titles Mino won.

Already sold out, as you can imagine.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 9:23 AM, p6x said:

I have to mention the Speed Triple 1200 RR here...

The overall look reminds me of the Le Mans, and I have always been a big fan of three cylinder engines since the Mach III appeared in 1969.

Love at first sound!

I thought the Triumph triple would sound the same, but the loud whistling of the air intake killed it for me...

The 1200 RR seems to be better in that department...

I had a chance to sit on the new Speed Triple RR today. They took the comfort out of the standard bike and hit it with a pretty stick. This one looks half the size of the standard Triple, I suppose an illusion. So far as the riding position, I'd say it's about 2/3 extreme from our bikes into full a sportbike. A had to tippy toe it a little bit too but it wasn't a problem for me. The mirrors swing out, so very adjustable.

It's a nice looking bike, reminds me of the early '00s Guzzi Lemans although not quite that pretty. A little bit retro. Given that I'm a little puzzled why they didn't make it a touch more comfy but I'm perhaps a little older than their target.

I'd post a photo but photos are too large to drag and I'm too lazy to URL it.

• Like 1