EICMA 2021

docc

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

I had a chance to sit on the new Speed Triple RR today. They took the comfort out of the standard bike and hit it with a pretty stick. This one looks half the size of the standard Triple, I suppose an illusion. So far as the riding position, I'd say it's about 2/3 extreme from our bikes into full a sportbike. A had to tippy toe it a little bit too but it wasn't a problem for me. The mirrors swing out, so very adjustable.

It's a nice looking bike, reminds me of the early '00s Guzzi Lemans although not quite that pretty. A little bit retro. Given that I'm a little puzzled why they didn't make it a touch more comfy but I'm perhaps a little older than their target.

I'd post a photo but photos are too large to drag and I'm too lazy to URL it.

Triumph-Speed-Triple-1200-RR-2022-1140x6

5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I had a chance to sit on the new Speed Triple RR today. They took the comfort out of the standard bike and hit it with a pretty stick. This one looks half the size of the standard Triple, I suppose an illusion. So far as the riding position, I'd say it's about 2/3 extreme from our bikes into full a sportbike. A had to tippy toe it a little bit too but it wasn't a problem for me. The mirrors swing out, so very adjustable.

It's a nice looking bike, reminds me of the early '00s Guzzi Lemans although not quite that pretty. A little bit retro. Given that I'm a little puzzled why they didn't make it a touch more comfy but I'm perhaps a little older than their target.

I'd post a photo but photos are too large to drag and I'm too lazy to URL it.

When you say "sit", it means just that? no ride correct?

What makes me cringe is the price tag. Its just insane to pay 20k+ for a pair of wheels.

4 hours ago, docc said:

Triumph-Speed-Triple-1200-RR-2022-1140x6

Looks really nice. I have owned 3 modern Triumphs and the last 2 were of such poor quality/design I swore off them and haven't been back. I'd be interested to know if they have improved in quality in the last 20 years. Racing success doesn't always reflect the quality of a road bike. 

Ciao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

It was a red one just like the photo above. I have a couple of photos on my phone.

I don't know what P6X is asking. 

Did you ride it or just sit on it?

57 minutes ago, docc said:

Did you ride it or just sit on it?

I just sat on it.  There are no demo bikes.  This was a display bike that was being ferried to different dealers.  They also had 660 Tiger standard and another new bike or two.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

That protuberance hanging off the tail spoils the look.

Ha - my first thought on that was "Triumph has made it easy for the aftermarket to create tail-tidy kits."  I think government regulations require the license plate and lights to be at specific heights. That huge arm accomplishes it with what appears to be nothing more than four bolts and some wires. All the aftermarket suppliers need to do is match the bolt pattern and wiring scheme. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scud said:

Ha - my first thought on that was "Triumph has made it easy for the aftermarket to create tail-tidy kits."  I think government regulations require the license plate and lights to be at specific heights. That huge arm accomplishes it with what appears to be nothing more than four bolts and some wires. All the aftermarket suppliers need to do is match the bolt pattern and wiring scheme. 

Ducati has the same set up on their newer Supersport and Panigale...they offer a much shortened and smaller one out of aluminum just like it as an accessory to replace the regulation ones , " for the track"...lol, like you said ..a couple bolts and plug in the wires and your done.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:37 PM, LowRyter said:

Photo I took posted on Ducati forum

pxl_20211228_193410731-jpg.44593

pxl_20211228_193629213-jpg.44594

Soooooo.... you post Triumph pics on a Ducati forum, and they don't kick you out?

Seriously, looking at the fairing shown on the top pic, I don't like the "V" shape by the headlamp.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:34 PM, LowRyter said:

I don't know what P6X is asking. 

It is my accent. A lot of people don't understand anything I say or mean.:D

• Haha 1